This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAWS Not Passing
My TAWS system (GTN 750) does not pass the diagnostic at start up. What causes this and how can I rectify it?

Ramius
Hello Ramius,

If you start the standalone Aviation PC Trainer and select the GTN750Xi, does the TAWS work? Ideally, a solution would be to reinstall just the Aviation PC Trainer/GTNXi PC Trainer component.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
Hi,

ran across the same error TAWS System Fail, GPS System Fail (BKSQ_AnalogKingAi).

Reinstall did not fix the problem. The PC Trainer works.

Could need some help

Update: Msg shown "Radar Altimeter source inoperative or connection to GTN lost"
With the TDS GTNXi closed, preferrably after a PC reboot, please navigate to this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers

Then erase only these folders:
Navigator_XI_1 to Navigator_XI_4
(01-02-2023, 09:32 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: With the TDS GTNXi closed, preferrably after a PC reboot, please navigate to this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers

Then erase only these folders:
Navigator_XI_1 to Navigator_XI_4

Thanks for your help, I deleted the Navigator_XI_1 and Navigator_XI_3 folders, but this did not solve the problem
This is because the aircraft may not be equipped with the selected TAWS mode. Switch from TAWS A to B and it should be fine.
(01-05-2023, 09:56 AM)Ahmed Wrote: This is because the aircraft may not be equipped with the selected TAWS mode. Switch from TAWS A to B and it should be fine.

Great Ahmed,

Thank you!!! As suggested, I changed TAWS from A to B. This solved the problem.
Thank you Ahmed!
(01-05-2023, 09:56 AM)Ahmed Wrote: This is because the aircraft may not be equipped with the selected TAWS mode. Switch from TAWS A to B and it should be fine.

Thankyou - you hit the nail squarely on the head!

Fixed now, and no more "TAWS fails".   Smile