This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATC problem with annoying solution
Wondering whether there is a solution found.
I am experiencing the same as described above in JF's arrow.

I also have the BS King Air and C414 AW Chancellor installed, so feel free to ask ?
for investigation
(11-27-2022, 10:40 PM)Golftango63 Wrote: Wondering whether there is a solution found.
I am experiencing the same as described above in JF's arrow.

I also have the BS King Air and C414 AW Chancellor installed, so feel free to ask ?
for investigation

Hello,

Which version of the TDS GTNXi do you have installed?
(05-12-2022, 11:35 AM)JazzBird Wrote: Guten Tag Smile

Yesterday I bought the TDS GTNXi (I love it) especially for the "JustFlight" Pipers. Unfortunately there is a problem and also a solution which could be a bit annoying in the long run ;-)
Problem: when I start a flight the ATC does not work, neither the voice output nor the text!
Solution: if I then click through all the GPS on the tablet (in the cockpit) (TDS GTNXi/PMS50 GTN/GPS 100.... etc) until I get back to the TDS GTNXi, the ATC works normally again.

I have only had the ATC problem since installing TDS GTNXi!

Is this a known problem? Is there a permanent solution?
Thanks for the help! Smile
I just purchased and installed version 1.0.2.2 of the GTNXi, using it in the Just Flight Turbo Arrow III, and can report much the same issue as this along with a couple of others.  Related to this issue I have the same experience -- when I first enter the cockpit if the GTNXi (I usually start at 21D) is already displayed I turn on Battery, then Avionics and the 750 and 650 both light up normally.  TAWS audio works.  But, when I open the ATC window and select ATIS I can see the text scrolling but hear nothing.  Save happens if I am at a towered airport and select Ground or Tower (have tried this at KEAU).  I hear the pilot voice talk to Ground or Tower, but cannot hear any response.  I can see the text of the response in the ATC window, but hear nothing.  If I then scroll through the GPS choices on the tablet and come back around to the GTNXi then all audio works and I can then hear all radio transmissions normally, both pilot and Tower/Ground/ATIS etc.  

Once it all works, if I turn off the Avionics Bus 1, both the 750 and 650 shut down as they should.  But I can still hear the Com radio.  I would think Com audio would shut off along with the 750 and 650, right?  If I then shut off the battery, the Com radio audio shuts off as normal.  

My third issue has been that the GTNXi Flight Sim is not starting along with Microsoft Flight Simulator.  When I first enter the Turbo Arrow III cockpit, the GNS 530/430 will work, but the GTNXi will not come on with the battery / avionics.  I have to go into windowed mode, go to the Windows 10 start menu and manually start the GTNXi flight sim app.  Then if I go back into the cockpit the GTNXi will light up.  I installed with no firewall or antivirus running (I use Norton) and have given the exe all permissions in the Norton settings.   

Looking for any insight on these issues that you might have.  Otherwise I'm really enjoying it.  Thank you!
Hello,

Thank you for the bug reports on the audio/atis for the JF Piper, we will look into them. Based on our findings we will decide how to best approach this bug.

In regards to the third issue of the TDS GTNXi not starting with MSFS, it seems that somehow the exe.XML file of MSFS is not having the correct TDS GTNXi entry. Do you have MSFS from Windows Store or Steam? It may be a good idea to create a new post on that issue, so we can keep this post for atc/atis.

Thank you.
Having the same issue.  Running the latest version of the GTNXi and JustFlight Pipers. 

All 3 JF Pipers with GTNXi loaded on startup, no ATC audio.  I can hear my comms to ATC, I get the ATC text but no audio on replies (affects both ATIS and ATC).  Text is visible.  Cycling through radio/GPS options on the tablet solves the problem for me.  I have the volume on the GTNXi set to 90%.  Does not matter if I adjust the volume setting or not.

MSFS is setup for Azure, makes no difference if I turn on the AI ATC assistance.

If I start any of the JF Pipers in any other radio/GPS configuration, no problems.

If I start the BlackSquare Bonanza or Baron with the GTNXi loaded at startup, no problems.

For now, it's ok to remember that I have to either shutdown the Pipers with anything but the GTNXi in use or cycle through radio/GPS options on the tablet back to the GTNXi.  Not sure if it makes a difference if you cycle before or after applying power to the radios/GTNXi.

Very odd behavior, I wish you luck trying to figure it out.  Is there any logging I can turn on for the GTNXi or simulator that might help?

Other than that, really enjoying the GTNXi.  Especially like how it rounds sharp turns at waypoints in my flightplan and teardrop approaches.  So cool.

I'll post the same on the JF forums as it might actually be their problem.
Hello,

We find this a very odd bug and such problems should not occur. At the moment we do not have any special logging for this specific bug. Of course that we are willing to do our best to resolve it if it is our problem.

One item to test is to close the TDS GTNXi while in flight, this is done from the Windows System Tray (to the right of the taskbar, by the clock), then cycle the avionics options, please let us know if you still experience the bug.
You have to switch on at the com panel the 2 on the top and the one under it 1 and 2.