This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Conflict HW Acc GPU Scheduling
Hi again,
While the TDS750 in the BlackSquare KingAir 350 was extremely jittery and unflyable at 70fps, yesterday I tried the Blackbird (Milviz) C310R.

With GPU hardware Scheduling enabled and DX12 & DLSS enabled, the Blackbird (Milviz) C310R with the two TDS GTN-750s had (understandably) a further fps reduction to about 45fps on 4K.

Despite being over 100fps down on my non GTN-750 aircraft, the Blackbird (Milviz) C310R at 45fps was extremely smooth with no stutters and very enjoyable buzzing around iniScene's London Heathrow (EGLL) with FSLTL Traffic enabled.

I will re-install the BlackSquare KingAir 350 ASAP and see if it improves seeing as the Blackbird (Milviz) C310R gave a perfect flight experience.
The BlackSquare KingAir 350 is great, but I'm not married to it :-)
I've essentially stopped using the TDS until this issue has been addressed. The performance improvement given using a 4090 with DLSS3 is significant. When I tried using the TDS with DLSS3/GPU scheduling enabled, the frame rates were generally fine, but that really wasn't the issue. It's the micro-jittering and studders that get too annoying. This goes away when turning off GPU scheduling and with it DLSS3. But then I'm back to slow frames again wondering why I paid so much to upgrade to a 4090.

A fresh new PMS50 750 is sitting in its place until improvements are made with the TDS. So let me know how your tests go. If you are finding it is flying smooth now with the C310R, I may give it another shot too.

Other than the GPU scheduling problem, there isn't much I don't like about the TDS. However, it would be nice if it better imported flight plans from MSFS and elsewhere, cross-synced flight plans with other nav units, at least with another TDS750 or 650, and of course a database update would also be nice from time to time.
(03-20-2023, 02:09 AM)Truespirit Wrote: I've essentially stopped using the TDS until this issue has been addressed.  The performance improvement given using a 4090 with DLSS3 is significant.  When I tried using the TDS with DLSS3/GPU scheduling enabled, the frame rates were generally fine, but that really wasn't the issue.  It's the micro-jittering and studders that get too annoying.  This goes away when turning off GPU scheduling and with it DLSS3.  But then I'm back to slow frames again wondering why I paid so much to upgrade to a 4090.

A fresh new PMS50 750 is sitting in its place until improvements are made with the TDS.  So let me know how your tests go.  If you are finding it is flying smooth now with the C310R, I may give it another shot too.

Other than the GPU scheduling problem, there isn't much I don't like about the TDS.  However, it would be nice if it better imported flight plans from MSFS and elsewhere, cross-synced flight plans with other nav units, at least with another TDS750 or 650, and of course a database update would also be nice from time to time.
Hello,

Please send us an email at support@tdssim.com and we will put you on a list for when we have news.

Thank you.
After re-installing the BlackSquare KingAir 350 ASAP, the performance changed a little.

Still with low frame rates (down to below 30 at times around iniScene EGLL) but perhaps much fewer micro stutters.
I don't know if the latest update for MSFS Beta helped with that improvement though.

The frame rate is better at many other less demanding airports and currently, still a smooth ride.

While the FPS is pretty dismal compared to aircraft without the TDS GTNxi, I will continue using it and hope that one day soon, we see an improvement.

The Blackbird (Milviz) C310R at remains extremely smooth with no stutters, no matter where I fly at 4K with everything on Ultra and Terrain LOD at 300.
(03-22-2023, 12:56 AM)OzzyKym Wrote: After re-installing the  BlackSquare KingAir 350 ASAP, the performance changed a little.

Still with low frame rates (down to below 30 at times around iniScene EGLL) but perhaps much fewer micro stutters.
I don't know if the latest update for MSFS Beta helped with that improvement though.

The frame rate is better at many other less demanding airports and currently, still a smooth ride.

While the FPS is pretty dismal compared to aircraft without the TDS GTNxi, I will continue using it and hope that one day soon, we see an improvement.

The Blackbird (Milviz) C310R at remains extremely smooth with no stutters, no matter where I fly at 4K with everything on Ultra and Terrain LOD at 300.

Hello,

Can you please email us the panel.cfg file for the KingAir? We will try a small optimization fix for it.
Email address: support@tdssim.com
This is my first post so I searched to see if there were any solution to this annoying pop-up. Like others said, those who need HAGS on for DLSS3 don't want to turn it off, so maybe have an option, maybe a checkbox to disable the pop-up so those who need it can still have it on, and everyone's happy. For me, I have a 4090, my frames are capped at 60 although I could get more, so having to deal with this every time is absolutely annoying.

Thanks.
(05-24-2023, 02:07 AM)DiBarkis Wrote: This is my first post so I searched to see if there were any solution to this annoying pop-up. Like others said, those who need HAGS on for DLSS3 don't want to turn it off, so maybe have an option, maybe a checkbox to disable the pop-up so those who need it can still have it on, and everyone's happy. For me, I have a 4090, my frames are capped at 60 although I could get more, so having to deal with this every time is absolutely annoying.

Thanks.

Hello,

This issue has been addressed in V1.0.2.5. of the TDS GTNXi, there is no need to disable HAGS and the message box has been completely disabled on our side. Please update to the latest TDS GTNXi to enjoy the new functionality! More information in the release notes in the forum.

Best regards.