This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HSI
I must be missing something.  In the MSFS C-172 for example, i cannot get the GTN to provide lateral guidance on the HSI.  I am using version 1.0.1.2, the GTN is set to Nav1 and the source is GTN750 Xi Unit one.  However the HSI is still being run by the in panel GPS. 

Is there any aircraft that will provide vertical guidance with this unit? I sure miss P3D because of that.
What is the state of the VLOC/GPS switch?
(02-26-2022, 10:46 PM)Mauleflyer Wrote: I must be missing something.  In the MSFS C-172 for example, i cannot get the GTN to provide lateral guidance on the HSI.  I am using version 1.0.1.2, the GTN is set to Nav1 and the source is GTN750 Xi Unit one.  However the HSI is still being run by the in panel GPS. 

Is there any aircraft that will provide vertical guidance with this unit? I sure miss P3D because of that.

JustFLight Arrow/Turbo Arrow.
Set in GPS. BTW I am a real world pilot with a GTN 650 in my panel.
Mauleflyer, thank you for the information, is there any way to please send us a screenshot showing both the TDS GTNXi as well as the full C172 panel with the autopilot?
Are you perhaps running/starting the PMS50 mod at the same time?
Alternatively, with the C172 Steam gauges, can you please open up the TDS GTNXi interface and look in the settings tab, there we have a field for the navigation source. It should match the unit that you use to fly, meaning 750Xi Unit1 is for the 750 and clicking on it changes between units and even MSFS, this must be checked as well.
(02-27-2022, 05:14 PM)admin Wrote: Mauleflyer, thank you for the information, is there any way to please send us a screenshot showing both the TDS GTNXi as well as the full C172 panel with the autopilot?
Are you perhaps running/starting the PMS50 mod at the same time?

No PMS50 at this time although I did have them installed at one time.

(02-27-2022, 05:21 PM)admin Wrote: Alternatively, with the C172 Steam gauges, can you please open up the TDS GTNXi interface and look in the settings tab, there we have a field for the navigation source. It should match the unit that you use to fly, meaning 750Xi Unit1 is for the 750 and clicking on it changes between units and even MSFS, this must be checked as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for the screenshots, the resolution is a bit low, but looking at them I see a default MSFS flight plan being inserted, is there any way to re-run the test by starting MSFS and not inserting/loading any default flight plan, just using the TDS GTNXi?
(02-27-2022, 10:15 PM)admin Wrote: Thank you for the screenshots, the resolution is a bit low, but looking at them I see a default MSFS flight plan being inserted, is there any way to re-run the test by starting MSFS and not inserting/loading any default flight plan, just using the TDS GTNXi?

Just tried it.  No dice.  Maybe uninstall and reinstall?
Wonder if its something to do with the C172 having some of its files unreadable because its a premium aircraft.