This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HSI
(02-28-2022, 05:54 PM)ryanbatc Wrote: Wonder if its something to do with the C172 having some of its files unreadable because its a premium aircraft.

Here is what I really need.  I am a real world pilot, I fly IFR.  I have a steam gauge panel and a GTN 650 in the panel in my plane.  I just want a propeller driven aircraft in MSFS that can utilize this GTN and provide lateral and vertical guidance with steam gages.  I did it all the time in P3D.  I don't care what kind of plane it is as long as it can provide lateral and vertical guidance in RNAV and ILS approaches.  Is this possible at this time in this sim?
Hello,

Yes, the default C172 with steam gauges should be able to provide exactly what you are looking for, the only small problem is that the vertical glideslope indicator is not yet configurable (easily). As it is now, the approach mode of the C172 will fly the RNAV approach perfectly both laterally as well as vertically. Are you willing to work with us to resolve the lateral guidance problem that you are experiencing? We want to do our best to assist you in getting the problem solved so you can enjoy the TDS GTNXI.
the first item to try, when initially loading the TDS GTNXi, in flight with the C172, set the physical NAV/GPS switch to GPS, then within the GTNXI as it boots, look at the Instrument Panel Self test page, do the VOR1 needles move(lateral needle/flag)?
(02-28-2022, 07:43 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

Yes, the default C172 with steam gauges should be able to provide exactly what you are looking for, the only small problem is that the vertical glideslope indicator is not yet configurable (easily). As it is now, the approach mode of the C172 will fly the RNAV approach perfectly both laterally as well as vertically. Are you willing to work with us to resolve the lateral guidance problem that you are experiencing? We want to do our best to assist you in getting the problem solved so you can enjoy the TDS GTNXI.
Yes I need to resolve the issue on my end.  Since no one else is experiencing this it must be something with my set up.  I think I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the GTN. Thoughts?  I don't care about autopilots doing approaches as my plane does not have an autopilot.  Not having a glideslope indicator makes trying to fix this problem kind of useless though.  I heard the JustFlight Arrow will provide vertical guidance with this GTN, is that true?
No need to uninstall, at least not now, better test it with a version with logging, it will let us see exactly what is going on, so we can point you to a proper fix. Are you interested in such a test?

Yes, the JF Pipers will provide vertical guidance, no problem at all. This is through the JF store, not the MSFS Marketplace, as those did not get updated (yet).
(02-28-2022, 07:57 PM)admin Wrote: No need to uninstall, at least not now, better test it with a version with logging, it will let us see exactly what is going on, so we can point you to a proper fix. Are you interested in such a test?

Yes, the JF Pipers will provide vertical guidance, no problem at all. This is through the JF store, not the MSFS Marketplace, as those did not get updated (yet).
Sure
Excellent, we sent you a PM.