This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDS GTNXi Pro Released - Navigraph Support!
TDS Sim Software is proud to announce the release of the TDS GTNXi Pro!

The TDS GTNXi Pro contains the most expected features requested to the base TDS GTNXi: fully updateable navigation database and charts, the databases being provided by Navigraph!

The updateable navigation data of the TDS GTNXi Pro offers current SIDs/STARs/Approaches, waypoints, VORs/NDBs, VRPs, airways, airports, runways, airports, frequencies, LPV data as well as many other technical data fields

The up to date database has been developed to the high quality standards which TDS Sim Software has accustomed its users: there are no setbacks or technical limitations by using the up to date navigation database, the standards with which the up-to date database has been created for the TDS GTNXi Pro match the extremely high realism and technical needs of the product; in one word: indistinguishable from the real one!

Another innovation of the TDS GTNXi Pro is the integration of Navigraph Charts, thus offering Worldwide, up to date charts, as provided by Navigraph (over 7000 supported airports). You can fly anywhere in the world and are not region bound to North America. An innovation available in the TDS GTNXi Pro is the ability to use the current approach charts as a map overlay, in order to facilitate flying approach while maintaining situational awareness by referring to the flight plan on the map.

Great care has been taken to simulate even the smallest details, from the 18 data fields which the TDS GTNXi Pro needs to accurately fly an LPV approach laterally and vertically, to the correct order of the radio frequencies in the Airport Page, as well as making sure that all runways contain the lighting, traffic pattern or even if an end is closed to traffic.

By far, the most important aspect of the updateable database is having up to date procedures: SIDs/STARs/Approaches, great care has been taken to facilitate having up to date procedures, by including all 23 procedure leg types (including RF legs, coupled with full autopilot control), as well as all the small details in database fields to adhere to the strict GTN Xi standards (overfly waypoints, altitude restrictions, procedure only waypoints, DME Arcs, Procedure Turns, Holds). Having up to date data allows to correctly correlate flight plans created by other software (SimBrief, LittleNavMap) as well as for online on VATSIM without experiencing any database discrepancies.

The detail into implementing charts is state of the art, by going as far as implementing the small items: excluding insets of geo-referenced charts (such as holds on the approach plate) from the geo-referenced aircraft position as well as allowing the ability to display chart overlays on map page.

The updateable navigation database and charts from the TDS GTNXi Pro have been in development for 2 years and have been the most challenging TDS Sim Software project, coming out of our desire to innovate and support these highly requested features to the TDS GTNXi! The ease of use of the features and the benefit that they bring to the TDS GTNXi is huge! To sum this: No more outdated data: The TDS GTNXi Pro offers the ability to always use up to date navigation data, by seeing “Current” in the Database Startup page for both navigation data and charts!

Existing TDS GTNXi customers can easily upgrade to the Pro version so they will benefit from the updateable navigation database and charts that the Pro version has to offer. A Navigraph Subscription is required.

Navigraph have a great blog post on the TDS GTNXi Pro:
https://navigraph.com/blog/tds-gtnxi

A330Driver has created an excellent video showcasing the TDS GTNXi pro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDk21iwB-8Y

More information on the TDS GTNXi Pro for MSFS can be found at the TDS Sim Software website:

https://tdssim.com/ProUpgrade/main

[Image: dbcycle01.jpg]
Wow, this is incredible.

May I ask 2 questions:

1. Does this impact the usual "perfect" performance,

And,

2. I always understood European charts are not available in the GTN Garmin database.

Have you overcome this limitation ?

Thnx.
Hello,

There is no discussion about performance, as the Pro upgrade has absolutely no impact on performance.

In regards to Charts, these are the Navigraph Charts, which include over 7000 WORLDWIDE airports, including European airports. We invite you to see a few examples of European charts from our sales website:
https://tdssim.com/ProUpgrade/charts
Well that sound marvellous, thank you !
Is version 1.1.0.0 of the manager the pro update?
(02-29-2024, 09:58 PM)Bob_Z Wrote: Is version 1.1.0.0 of the manager the pro update?

Yes, but we strongly recommend reading the FAQ on the Pro Update:

https://tdssim.com/ProUpgrade/faq
Thanks. I have read it and have a Navigraph sub.
(02-29-2024, 10:09 PM)Bob_Z Wrote: Thanks.  I have read it and have a Navigraph sub.

Hello,

In this case, purchasing the Pro Upgrade or the TDS GTNXi Pro if you do not own the base TDS GTNXi is all that you need!

Best regards.
Great news, puchased the upgrade....unfortunatelu when i load navigraph charts it is loading forever and no chart visible, yes i did allow Navigraph to show charts in the GTNxi.

Is there something I can do?

Regards,
Ben
(02-29-2024, 11:21 PM)Bentree Wrote: Great news, puchased the upgrade....unfortunatelu when i load navigraph charts it is loading forever and no chart visible, yes i did allow Navigraph to show charts in the GTNxi.

Is there something I can do?

Regards,
Ben

Hello Ben,

Can you please send us a private message on Discord with more details/screenshots of the problem:

https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH