This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS not working with certain plane addons
Hi all,

Just purchased this GPS unit. Everything i have has the latest updates and patches, just thought i'd mention that before i explain what's going on.

I have a number of addon aircraft for MSFS, i won't list all the ones i have, just those that i know either work or don't work with the GTNXi, by that i mean i can't select it in the aircraft at all,

Carenado Piper Seneca V - Click on the gps activate button on the silver pad, nothing happens
Carenado Cessna 337H Skymaster - Click on the gps activate button on the silver pad, nothing happens
Carenado C182 RG II - Works OK
A2A Commance 250 - Works OK
Just Flight Piper Arrow III Bundle - Works OK

So the first two, the Seneca and the 337 which should work, don't work at all. Is there a way to fix these so they do work or am i missing something?
Hello,

The VC Integration part is done by the respective add-on aircraft developer, we only provide an SDK. Since the TDS GTNXi works well in other aircraft, we think that the problem lies in a different place than with us, but we will assist as much as we can.

Did you install any previous TDS GTNXi VC integration modes for the Carenado Seneca/337? In addition, can you please show us a screenshot of the issue with the Seneca?

Thank you.
(12-23-2023, 07:37 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

The VC Integration part is done by the respective add-on aircraft developer, we only provide an SDK. Since the TDS GTNXi works well in other aircraft, we think that the problem lies in a different place than with us, but we will assist as much as we can.

Did you install any previous TDS GTNXi VC integration modes for the Carenado Seneca/337? In addition, can you please show us a screenshot of the issue with the Seneca?

Thank you.

The Seneca screenshot as requested: https://i.vgy.me/ihCmDP.jpg
The Cessna screenshot of the same issue: https://i.vgy.me/z1NzsN.jpg

On both images the problem is obvious, they both state that the GTN750Xi is not installed. This isn't the case as it works fine with the other compatible aircraft that i have installed, so i'm at a loss really. Both aircraft were bought through the in game Microsoft Store and are fully up to date. As to previous versions of TDS GTNXi, this was a first install of the program as i only purchased it a couple of days ago
Hello,

Thank you for providing us with the information. Since the tablet has been developed by Carenado and not by TDS, the problem is not from our end, especially as the TDS GTNXi works well with other Carenado aircraft. We suggest contacting Carenado for support and letting them know that the integration works on some of their add-on aircraft, but not in others.

If you have the ability, try looking if this LVar is set, using the MSFS Developer mode/Tools/Behaviors/Local Variables
TDSGTNXI_INSTALLED which should be set to 1.
(12-24-2023, 02:53 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for providing us with the information. Since the tablet has been developed by Carenado and not by TDS, the problem is not from our end, especially as the TDS GTNXi works well with other Carenado aircraft. We suggest contacting Carenado for support and letting them know that the integration works on some of their add-on aircraft, but not in others.

If you have the ability, try looking if this LVar is set, using the MSFS Developer mode/Tools/Behaviors/Local Variables
TDSGTNXI_INSTALLED which should be set to 1.

Merry Christmas Smile

Missing reference in Seneca code: https://i.vgy.me/1jSyJ7.jpg

That line 'TDSGTNXI_INSTALLED' is not in the list for both the planes i'm having issues with. As seen from the Seneca code, it's not there. The only reference to TDS was that line i've highlighted, same on the Cessna 337. When i checked the Carenado Cessna 182RGII, everything works fine, all code where it should be
Hello,

Merry Christmas!

At this point we would suggest contacting Carenado for support on this issue.

The only suggestion that we can make is to fully uninstall the Seneca, close MSFS, make sure that all folders have been removed, then to install it again.
Hello,

This is a follow up message to see if you are still experiencing the issue?