This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hiccups issue
(11-20-2023, 10:12 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Can you please run another test where you exit the TDS GTNXi in flight, from the system tray icon?
In addition, what is the number, type and exact type of disk drives that you are running?

Hi again.

So i made some testing. Location LPPI/Flysimware C414 (since it has 2 GTN750Confused and in my opinion has more clear hiccup problem right from start). Also attached afterburner curve to visualize affect on MSFS and GTNXi
Section A - MSFS map enhancement tool and MSFS start. Start in cold and dark. Starting aircraft and section A ends right before fireing up avionics - which starts GTN750Confused.
Section B - GTN750Confused rebooting and immidiately i had first hiccups. I did continue with preparing ac, and then short taxi followed takeoff 09 and climb 5000ft. Did left hand pattern and about at base leg at 5000ft i shutdown TDS GTNXi from system tray icon. This was the point when section B ends.
Section C - I flew 1 left hand pattern more and descended for landing at rw 09. Taxied to parking for shutdown ac and exited MSFS. Circulated D is only one small hiccup that occured when i opened default VFR map in MSFS.

My system C-drive is 
Manufacturer Kingston
Product Family SSDNow
Form Factor 2.5-inch

Heads 16

Cylinders 58,369

Tracks 14,884,095

Sectors 937,697,985

SATA type SATA-III 6.0Gb/s

Device type Fixed

Serial Number 50026B768313D8BD

Firmware Version Number SBFKB1D1

LBA Size 48-bit LBA

Power On Count 2102 times

Power On Time 442.0 days

Speed Not used (SSD Drive)

Features S.M.A.R.T., NCQ, TRIM, SSD

Max. Transfer Mode SATA III 6.0Gb/s

Used Transfer Mode SATA III 6.0Gb/s

Interface SATA-2

Capacity 447 GB

Real size 480,103,981,056 bytes

RAID Type None

MSFS drive looks as followed
Manufacturer Kingston

Product Family SSDNow
Form Factor 2.5-inch

Interface SATA-2

Capacity 931 GB

Real size 1,000,204,886,016 bytes

RAID Type None

S.M.A.R.T

S.M.A.R.T not supported

Partition 0

Partition ID Disk #4, Partition #0

Disk Letter I:

File System NTFS

Volume Serial Number 4A14D5F4

Size 931 GB

Used Space 461 GB (49%)
Free Space 469 GB (51%)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

Thank you for the information, based on our assessment and a recent similar situation, it seems that the SSDs are of the older technology. For your specific case, we would advise that you upgrade to a M.2 for the best possible experience, the demand that you ask out of MSFS in general is at the limit, thus the TDS GTNXi has no more room left.
(11-23-2023, 10:22 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the information, based on our assessment and a recent similar situation, it seems that the SSDs are of the older technology. For your specific case, we would advise that you upgrade to a M.2 for the best possible experience, the demand that you ask out of MSFS in general is at the limit, thus the TDS GTNXi has no more room left.

Yup, hard to understand how kinda tiny application - compared to many other i use - is able to bring my pc on its knees. 
I have uninstalled TDS GTNXI completely a week ago. Today i thought i give it a try. What i learned from your last message is that being installed to system drive C does not have fast enough data transfer. So i went and installed it on same M.2 drive that accommodates my MSFS. I did it actually while i was in flight. After install i opened gtnxi750 on my second screen and all continued smooth as what. All working well, only my ingame plane didn have those GTNConfused. Then i started a new flight through main menu. Now i have 2 svreens of GTNXI750s but stutter is back. So why it does run smooth on "outside" of MSFS but ruins experience in the plane? I bet same amount of data is transferred when it runs on outer screen. And now i have it running on M.2 drive.
Hello,

It is the location of the MSFS "Local State" folder that needs to be on the M.2 drive, not the GTNXi installation, that does not affect it very much. Please let us know how it goes.
oukkidoukki. Final results after installing 1TB Samsung 980SSD drive and migrated Windows11 there. Quick flight on FSW C414 with 2 gtnxi (worst stutter) works just fine. So issue is data transfer rate then.
Also noticed that GPU and CPU has to work now much harder.
Hello,

We are glad to hear this, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!