This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0.3.1 my autopilot will not function correctly after updating.
Hi there, Whenever I engage my autopilot in any aircraft, the stock kap 140 I suppose it is, it will not function correctly. Let me start off by saying after reinstalling MSFS2020, which took 2 days, installing all my marketplace downloads, another half day...Same issue. I checked everything and still same issue. I uninstall my TDS GPS and all the software, bingo, my autopilot functions as it should. I am on day 5 now, pulling out my hair. I've spent the past several hours now trying different configurations with the TDS manager and still same issue. Here I am now, I am completely stumped. 

Thanks,
Sam
Hello Sam,

Are you having the issue when the TDS GTNXi is inactive or only in a TDS GTNXi configured aircraft?

What do you mean by the autopilot not functioning, exactly what are you expecting and is not happening?
Please provide us with more details in order to look into the problem.
(11-01-2023, 08:43 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Sam,

Are you having the issue when the TDS GTNXi is inactive or only in a TDS GTNXi configured aircraft?

What do you mean by the autopilot not functioning, exactly what are you expecting and is not happening?
Please provide us with more details in order to look into the problem.

Hi there, So the problem is occurring with both stock and TDS aircraft. The only plane unaffected seems to be the A2A commanche as far as I have seen. If I uninstall the TDS system the problem goes away. What happens is the autopilot will operate correctly the first time you engage it. If I disconnect autopilot and then reconnect (turn back on) practically nothing will work. The HDG, NAV, APP, will not engage while it says its on, also, if you click any of those buttons to "turn off" it stay's on. the VS and ALT modes do not function, it will only hold the angle of the aircraft as soon as you engage the autopilot every time after the first time. So it holds the roll and angle and that's it.
Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. We are interested if any other customer is experiencing these issues or if this is a localized problem? Can you please show us a screenshot of the problem? Preferably via email at: support@tdssim.com

Thank you.
In addition, you do not need to uninstall the TDS GTNXi, please try closing it from the Windows System Tray (right side of the taskbar, by the clock) and let us know.
(11-01-2023, 04:04 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. We are interested if any other customer is experiencing these issues or if this is a localized problem? Can you please show us a screenshot of the problem? Preferably via email at: support@tdssim.com

Thank you.

Email sent.
Hello, we have received your email and we will continue communication via email. Thank you.
Hello, as a status update, we have found out that this problem was related to not disabling the WT GNS when the TDS GTNXi is running and in use.
(11-02-2023, 09:38 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello, as a status update, we have found out that this problem was related to not disabling the WT GNS when the TDS GTNXi is running and in use.

Hi there. I've been dealing with this issue and just now realized that it was the TDS causing it. Can you elaborate on what you mean by not disabling the WT GNS when the TDS GTNXi is running? The issue does go away when I manually close the TDS software, but are we supposed to do that every time we use a plane with a GNS? I don't recall having to do that on previous versions of the TDS for it to get along with other planes, and given that the software starts up automatically alongside the sim, it's gonna be a real hassle to have to manually close it every time I'm not using a GTN equipped plane...
The answer is no, I never had to manually turn on and off my TDS software in previous versions. I simply had the software and enjoyed the sim and no matter what aircraft I used, there were no issues. I switch planes often because I use FSE. Just glad to know disabling the software keeps me flying lol!