This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0.3.1 crashes MSFS ?
(10-27-2023, 11:26 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: In addition, do you have this in the MSFS Community folder: "pms50-gtn750wtt-aircraft-bksq-tbm850" ?

No
Hi,

As the OP I have to report four flights without a problem. The SimConnect Inspector reported zero exceptions thrown for TDSGTNXIFlightsim2020 and TDS GTNXi Gauge Module.
Strange, I did not change a thing in MSFS or in windows Huh.

Kind regards
(10-27-2023, 08:49 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the information, can you confirm that this problem occurs only with the Black Square TBM 850?

Version 1.0.3.1 of the TDS GTNXi does not have any special coding in these regards, so what you see is something out of pure coincidence, as weird as it may sound.

We are interested if other customers are able to confirm your scenario, as this would greatly benefit everybody.

After various tests I can report the following:
CTD only happens with BKSQ aircraft and only in the following order with the TBM850.
  • "pms50-instrument-gtn750" (2.2.5) is present in the community folder
  • "tds-gtnxi-gauge" (1.0.3.1) is present in the community folder
  1. I start a flight with the BKSQ TBM850. I don't even turn on the batteries or the avionic. Everything is ok.
  2. I finish the flight.
  3. I start a new flight with another BKSQ aircraft, the Analog Caravan or the Analog Bonanza. (I don't have more airplanes from BKSQ)
  4. Before the loading is over, CTD.
As soon as I remove the folder "pms50-instrument-gtn750" from my community folder, no more CTD!
(10-28-2023, 02:07 AM)Raller Wrote:
(10-27-2023, 08:49 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the information, can you confirm that this problem occurs only with the Black Square TBM 850?

Version 1.0.3.1 of the TDS GTNXi does not have any special coding in these regards, so what you see is something out of pure coincidence, as weird as it may sound.

We are interested if other customers are able to confirm your scenario, as this would greatly benefit everybody.

After various tests I can report the following:
CTD only happens with BKSQ aircraft and only in the following order with the TBM850.
  • "pms50-instrument-gtn750" (2.2.5) is present in the community folder
  • "tds-gtnxi-gauge" (1.0.3.1) is present in the community folder
  1. I start a flight with the BKSQ TBM850. I don't even turn on the batteries or the avionic. Everything is ok.
  2. I finish the flight.
  3. I start a new flight with another BKSQ aircraft, the Analog Caravan or the Analog Bonanza. (I don't have more airplanes from BKSQ)
  4. Before the loading is over, CTD.
As soon as I remove the folder "pms50-instrument-gtn750" from my community folder, no more CTD!

Thank you for the detailed information, if you start MSFS and select any other Black Square aircraft as a first aircraft, then switch to the Black Square TBM 850, do you have this issue?

We are still investigating if this issue is on our end or how we can assist into resolving it.
(10-27-2023, 09:48 PM)fsimonline Wrote: Hi,

As the OP I have to report four flights without a problem. The SimConnect Inspector reported zero exceptions thrown for TDSGTNXIFlightsim2020 and TDS GTNXi Gauge Module.
Strange, I did not change a thing in MSFS or in windows Huh.

Kind regards

Thank you for letting us know, we appreciate your time and assistance.
(10-28-2023, 10:06 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Thank you for the detailed information, if you start MSFS and select any other Black Square aircraft as a first aircraft, then switch to the Black Square TBM 850, do you have this issue?

We are still investigating if this issue is on our end or how we can assist into resolving it.

No, I can load everything back and forth before the TBM.
Only when the TBM has been loaded and I then switch to another BKSQ aircraft, the CTD comes.

Thanks for taking it seriously and trying to find the bug. Maybe it is more of a PMS50 and BKSQ problem after all.
I have also tested this:
Only PMS50 in the community folder and no TDS. Then there is also no CTD.

So the above described CTD always happens only if both PMS50 and TDS are present in the community folder!
(10-27-2023, 11:54 AM)Mick Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 11:29 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 09:29 PM)Mick Wrote: I have crashes every time I fly, sometimes at start of a flight, always when I finish the flight. The gauge rarely freezes. My Windows 11 system is brand-new because of new hardware. I was hoping all would be good, but it seems to be a deeper issue with this app. I can't even tell you when it all started. GTN_Simulator.exe / GTN XI Series Trainer / bad_module_info, all those messages on every flight. It does not happen at all with the other one available. Totally disappointed, no joy in using this.

Hello,

For how long have you had the TDS GTNXi?

We are unsure if your message has been posted in the right place. What kind of crashes are you experiencing?
From what you have enumerated above, the GTN_Simulator.exe crashes are a basic "unload" error when the executable is closing, in no way impairing the actual usage of the TDS GTNXi.

We would recommend that you contact us via Discord or create a detailed post in this forum explaining your issues and of course, as you have seen above, we treat our customers very well and we are committed to resolving the issues that they are experiencing so they can fully use and enjoy the TDS GTNXi!

Thank you for understanding us.

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm aware this might not be the right place to post my issues. I was just looking for a solution and found this - just frustration. Your question for how long I've had your TDS, pretty much from the beginning, February 2022. Long enough to know it was working almost flawlessly with just the odd freeze (about every 30 - 40 flights). Other than that, no "basic unload error" at all. This all startet early this year after some update. My Windows reliability report looks terrible and not like an healthy system. Just because MSFS doesn't crash it still looks faulty to me and like to have it solved. If you like, I could send you a few TDS logs and screenshots of the reliability report. Never meant to be rude in my first post, sorry for that.

Take care 
Mick

Hello Mick,

Thank you for your nice message, no offense has been taken. We understand that this is just a Windows reliability report and we will do our best to look into this on our end and if possible, to get it fixed. Not to worry, we do our best to solve all known TDS GTNXi problems.
(10-28-2023, 05:32 PM)Raller Wrote: I have also tested this:

So the above described CTD always happens only if both PMS50 and TDS are present in the community folder!

Hello,

We ask that you look into this bug when the new Black Square TBM patch.

Thank you.
(10-28-2023, 05:32 PM)Raller Wrote: I have also tested this:

Hello,

We have a new test version that we hope should resolve this problem, can you please contact us via Discord (@TDSSim), preferred or via email at support@tdssim.com?

Thank you.