This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigation database selection
Exclamation 
Hi

I have just startet with MSFS 2020 this month, and almost the only reason for me to buy this simulator was the HPG H145 and a GTN 750 that uses the Garmin Trainer in the background. The TDS GTNXi!!

So many thanks for a great product!

There is still one challenge. The TDS GTNXi is locked to Jeppesen Fixed Wing navigation database. Even if the database selection is different in the Garmin Aviation Trainer Launcer (PC Trainer).
The result is that I can't fly helicopter appproach (LNAV/LPV).   

Is it possible to make TDS GTNXi offer a selection of which database to use? Or at least force the TDS GTNXi to use the same database as selected in Garmin Aviation Trainer Launcer? That would be fantastic Smile

Garmin Aviation Trainer Launcer:
Selection of a fixed wing aircraft in the Avionics tab together with Jeppesen in the settings tab will use nav_db2.bin (TDS)
Selection of a fixed wing aircraft in the Avionics tab together with Garmin in the settings tab will use nav_db2_grm.bin
Selection of Rotorcraft in the Avionics tab together with Jeppesen in the settings tab will use nav_heli_db2.bin
Selection of Rotorcraft in the Avionics tab together with Garmin in the settings tab will use nav_heli_db2_grm.bin
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases

A flightplan crossfill would also be great   Smile
I notice there allready is a crossfill of the transponder code.

André
Hello Andre,

Thank you, we have made a note of your features request.