This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using default ATC interface
Background info:  i9 12900 CPU  3080 GPU 32 GB ram Quest 2 VR headset, Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite gaming mouse, USB Num Pad.

The 12 mouse side buttons are programmed with macros to move between the instrument views in the BlackSquare Kingair Analogue cockpit.  I have purchased the TDS GTNxi 750, installed it, and it works perfectly.

Here's the issue.  With the VR headset on, I use the numpad to respond to ATC.  If the blue highlighter on the TDS GTNxi 750 panel is active on the comm or nav radio boxes, the numpad responses don't work.  The little highlighter has to be located at the bottom of the screen (on map flt pln traffic) for the numpad responses to work.  This means that when I change comm or nav frequencies, I have to use the "push" function on the little control knob (bottom right) to move the highlighter back down to the bottom of the panel to acknowledge directions given by ATC.  

I don't know this for sure, but I would imagine that the mic button on the yoke in a real Kingair would work regardless of where the little highlighter is sitting.

Any ideas?

JIm
Hello Jim,

Do you experience the same issue if you run the standalone version of the TDS GTNXi in a non VC-integreated aircraft?
(09-12-2023, 08:50 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Jim,

Do you experience the same issue if you run the standalone version of the TDS GTNXi in a non VC-integreated aircraft?

I'm not sure.  I've never used/tried the stand alone version in a VC non-integrated aircraft.  I don't know how to do that.
To do this, please select an aircraft that does not have the TDS GTNXi as a VC integrated option, then start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, after this click on the GTN750Xi button.
Standalone mode is described in the TDS GTNXi manual, which we strongly recommend that you review.
As an idea: if you set your numpad to use letters, then attempt to press the buttons while the TDS GTNXi is on a keyboard display such as entering a flight plan waypoint, does it intercept the keys?
(09-13-2023, 02:49 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: As an idea: if you set your numpad to use letters, then attempt to press the buttons while the TDS GTNXi is on a keyboard display such as entering a flight plan waypoint, does it intercept the keys?

If I am using the TDS GTNXi keyboard to enter waypoints, the numpad numerical responses don't work.  I have to finish entering the letters, hit enter to close the keyboard, then make sure the highlighter is back at the bottom.  I have not tried re-assigning letters to the numpad keys.

(09-13-2023, 08:17 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: To do this, please select an aircraft that does not have the TDS GTNXi as a VC integrated option, then start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, after this click on the GTN750Xi button.
Standalone mode is described in the TDS GTNXi manual, which we strongly recommend that you review.

I'll give it a try and let you know.  Thanks for helping me out.
(09-13-2023, 05:40 PM)JimmyT62 Wrote:
(09-13-2023, 02:49 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: As an idea: if you set your numpad to use letters, then attempt to press the buttons while the TDS GTNXi is on a keyboard display such as entering a flight plan waypoint, does it intercept the keys?

If I am using the TDS GTNXi keyboard to enter waypoints, the numpad numerical responses don't work.  I have to finish entering the letters, hit enter to close the keyboard, then make sure the highlighter is back at the bottom.  I have not tried re-assigning letters to the numpad keys.

(09-13-2023, 08:17 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: To do this, please select an aircraft that does not have the TDS GTNXi as a VC integrated option, then start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, after this click on the GTN750Xi button.

I'll give it a try and let you know.  Thanks for helping me out.
Okay, I was able to load a non-integrated aircraft and the TDS GTNxi app.  The numpad responses worked even when the little highlighter was lit up on the comm frequency box.

however, as soon as I went into VR, the numpad responses no longer functioned.  Numpad keys are still programmed with #s, not letters.
Thank you, can you please try with letters as the test described above and let us know.