This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuttering issue when approaching destination airport
Hi,

I am very new to using this software (750xi) and I think it is great, but I am getting extreme stutters in VR when about 5-10km out from the destination airport. This stops when I exit the tray icon. I have a 4090 with a 13900k and 32gb ram. Is there a know solution for this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Greg
Hello Greg,

Please try step 1, antivirus exclusions, as described in our Performance Improvements post:

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-210.html
(08-24-2023, 04:50 PM)GregTheKeg Wrote: Hi,

I am very new to using this software (750xi) and I think it is great, but I am getting extreme stutters in VR when about 5-10km out from the destination airport. This stops when I exit the tray icon. I have a 4090 with a 13900k and 32gb ram. Is there a know solution for this issue?

Thank you in advance,

Greg

Greg, I have owned the TDS gauge almost from release, and have not been able to use it all this while because of the issue you have described. 
It has only been for the last three weeks that I have been able to get good reliable performance from the gauge. Truth is I am assuming that it now works with my other airplanes as I have only been flying the A2A Comanche.

The fix for me came by 'coincidence'. I decided to add an additional SSD to my system. In the process, I decided to move my MSFS installation to the new 'D' drive. I immediately noticed the stutters I always experienced in VR when I tried the Tds Gtn was gone. 
I didn't give too much thought to it, I was just happy to finally be able to fully enjoy both the Comanche and the TDS software. I then decided to try the MSFS beta13. Before opting into the beta, I read advice from the MSFS forums that the safest way into the beta was to have a 'custom' installation with the base (the portion installed through the Xbox app) being installed at the default location C/Xboxgames. and the rest  installed at a custom location. I decided to use the Xbox app to move the 'base' of the sim to the default location while installing the beta.

Instantly the stutters were back. I attributed these stutters and generally poor performance to the poor state of the beta I had been hearing about.
I then opted out of the beta .....  but the stutters remained even though I was back on the release ver of MSFS. I then decided to move the 'base' of MSFS back to the 'D' drive. Guess what.. no more stutters. 

After that epistle,  I think the fix is to have MSFS installed on a different drive. I don't know if just partitioning a drive works or if it has to be a different physical drive.

Perhaps all this is just a coincidence, but it is the scenario that led to me being able to use the TDS GTNxi.