This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cirrus in MSFS2020 autopilot issue
Hello, I have the latest release operating on an external touchpanel with the Microsoft Cirrus SR22 model that includes the G1000 avionics.
I am able to create flightplans, etc. and it accurately displays the maps, etc/

However, from reading the other forums it was unclear if you can make the Cirrus SR22 autopilot be controlled by the TDS GTN650 instead of the G1000 that is built-into the Cirrus cockpit?

Can I have the MSFS Cirrus autopilot controlled by the TDS GTN650 rather than the built-in G1000?
Thanks!
Hello,

Since the Cirrus contains a G1000 system, which has its own GPS, it is counter-intuitive to use the GTNXi as a navigator, as in real life, the G1000 and GTNXi can not co-exist in the same panel.

Unfortunately, at this moment there is no control of the autopilot using G1000 panels.
(05-03-2023, 10:00 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Since the Cirrus contains a G1000 system, which has its own GPS, it is counter-intuitive to use the GTNXi as a navigator, as in real life, the G1000 and GTNXi can not co-exist in the same panel.

Unfortunately, at this moment there is no control of the autopilot using G1000 panels.

Many Cirrus owners have the GTN/GTNXi 650 instead of the G1000 which is only available on later year models. This is why I was looking to simulate my plane, which does not have the G1000. 
Thank you for the clarification. It would be nice to add something in the webpage that "For MSFS 2020, the GTNXi 650 cannot control the AutoPilot on the Cirrus aircraft, as the G1000 will always run the Autpopilot."
I can continue to use the GTNXi 650 for manually flying approaches just without the AP integration.