This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External Use No Longer Couples To AP...
I've been noticing that many of the aircraft that have been "updated" to be fully functional with Working Titles GNS 530/430 units no longer work correctly when using the TDS GTN-750XI externally (in none VC mode) I specifically purchased this software because of the ability to use the TDS GTN-750XI on an external touch screen monitor, this was it's selling point for me. So far these are the planes I have found that no longer support external usage of the TDS GTN750XI:

Black Square Analog Baron
Black Square Bonanaza
Black Square King Air
Carenado Mooney Ovation

Does anyone have a clue what might be causing this? The GTN is no longer able to follow it's programmed flight plan when pressing the NAV button on the above mentioned planes. The application says it's connected, but it's not. Cycling the NAV source in the TDS application has no effect.

Thanks
Jocko
Hello Jocko,

This problem has been discussed in our Discord channel, we recommend joining our channel for information on how to disable the WT GNS while the TDS GTNXi is in use as an external application. This is done via setting two L: vars. The issue is that the WT GNS requests autoplit/nav var control and needs to be disabled for the TDS GTNXi to function.

However, we are working on a solution behind the scenes so the functionality will remain for those who want to run the TDS GTNXi in external mode.