This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help for Black Square Baron and Bonanza
New user.

Need help getting the  TDS gps to work in the Black Square Baron and Bonanza.

Once in a while, the gps does appear in the aircraft cockpit on startup and seems to work, but most of the time there is just a black space there, and I can't turn it on. One time it appeared, and while I was setting up to fly on the runway, it turned off and went back to black screen.

I have installed the Garmin trainer and the TDS executable. It seems to be running every time, I see the TDS logo on screen when MSFS is booting up, and the app is present in the Windows tray. tds-gtnxi-gauge is in the Community folder.

I ran the settings/avionics app, but there doesn't seem much change and I flipped the cockpit switches. Only the ASOBO gps units appear.

I am using the first variant of the Baron, with default livery.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems, we are here to help.

The first step to try, is with MSFS closed, please start the standalone TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut and click on the GTN750Xi button, does the GTNXi light up and function well?
If it does, please leave it running for at least 15 minutes to confirm correct functionality.

Additionally, do you have Honeycomb hardware?

For the Black Square aircraft, you have to manually switch to the GTN750 from the switches located on the copilot's side, to the right side by the yoke, this is described in the Black Square manual. Otherwise you will see the default GNS 530.