This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable To Load GTN 750
When I click on the TDS GTNxi icon on my desktop I merely get a window that says, "TDS GTNXi in Gauge Mode." How do I rectify this?

Ramius

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

This is not a bug, but it is created by design. The TDS GTNXi can function in standalone mode or in gauge mode. What you are seeing is gauge mode, because you have MSFS started and you have an aircraft that has a TDS GTNXi VC integration. You should see and use the TDS GTNXi inside the VC of the selected aircraft.

Exactly what are you trying to achieve?
(01-02-2023, 09:31 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

This is not a bug, but it is created by design. The TDS GTNXi can function in standalone mode or in gauge mode. What you are seeing is gauge mode, because you have MSFS started and you have an aircraft that has a TDS GTNXi VC integration. You should see and use the TDS GTNXi inside the VC of the selected aircraft.

Can I add myself to this question please?

I was under the impression that I could use the TDS in an extra screen, i.e. a touch sensitive one. I, too, get this "in gauge mode" message. It is annoying as my Flight Sim screen is not touch sensitive Sad Have I missed something in the setting up process? My windows 11 setup allows me to use a second tablet PC as an extra monitor (surface pro) and it works fine with everything.

Even the TDS GTNXi will show - until I start msfs... Undecided

I know everyone might shout at me to RTFM... Big Grin  but I am a grumpy old fart and don't want to learn too many new tricks with the few years I have left. Especially reading the TDS handbook and searching each aircraft's manuals for references that might point me at a way to let me use my touch tablet.

Please be gentle - I used to be good at all this learning stuff
(11-20-2023, 05:28 PM)Eagleskinner Wrote:
(01-02-2023, 09:31 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Can I add myself to this question please?

I was under the impression that I could use the TDS in an extra screen, i.e. a touch sensitive one. I, too, get this "in gauge mode" message. It is annoying as my Flight Sim screen is not touch sensitive Sad Have I missed something in the setting up process? My windows 11 setup allows me to use a second tablet PC as an extra monitor (surface pro) and it works fine with everything.

Even the TDS GTNXi will show - until I start msfs... Undecided

I know everyone might shout at me to RTFM... Big Grin  but I am a grumpy old fart and don't want to learn too many new tricks with the few years I have left. Especially reading the TDS handbook and searching each aircraft's manuals for references that might point me at a way to let me use my touch tablet.

Please be gentle - I used to be good at all this learning stuff
Hello,

There is a work in progress feature to address exactly what you are asking, it requires to manually activate it: the details are in the release notes (sticky post in this forum), here is a quote:

"WIP Feature - Ability to display  Standalone mode when using VC Integrated aircraft (currently the VC integrated gauge will be black and this is a working in progress feature). This feature allows for running external hardware (RSG and others to be able to fully enjoy the autopilot and draw the GTN750Xi and GTN650Xi to a secondary monitor.
Requires creating a dummy text file called "Standalone.txt" in the installation path: "C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi"
We plan on further expanding this feature and creating a more user friendly interface in future versions, but we have released this feature now so customers can enjoy this functionality"

Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
Good news. Also I seem to recall that there is a hidden "switch" in the Fredom Fox... hang on, I must go try that.

Ah, no... that just adds the TDS 3D model in the Fox. But that looks better than the included Garmin. I will keep learning I guess.