This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTNXi very laggy in Milviz 310
(06-29-2022, 01:01 AM)TinySquid21 Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote: Unfortunately this still makes us think that there is an antivirus problem/performance post fix not applied correctly. Which antivirus program are you using?

Quite funny since I don't run any third party antivirus (just default windows defender). I've included a screenshot of the exclusions (which don't help at all in my case unfortunately). https://imgur.com/a/MTfBHJ5

Side note: makes me wonder if it's a conflict with the pmdg or fenix, probably shouldn't be though.

What happens if you limit your fps to say, 30, in Nvidia Control Panel? I think its under Manage 3D settings...Max Frame Rate etc. This is just a test not an end solution. Make sure its in NCP and not the sim - the sim's settings didn't work for me.
Bug 
(06-29-2022, 12:34 PM)admin Wrote: Can you please temporarily disable Windows Defender and try again?

Additionally, what are you system specs? We are interested in the disk drivers, if you have a HDD/SSD (or multiple)?

I'm not running a potato if you're wondering:

Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2060 SUPER
32 GB DDR4 3600
500GB Samsung NVME SSD (contains MSFS and Windows 10)
1 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (contains the Garmin training software)

Disabling Windows Defender did not work unfortunately.

(06-29-2022, 10:12 PM)ryanbatc Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 01:01 AM)TinySquid21 Wrote:
(06-28-2022, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote: Unfortunately this still makes us think that there is an antivirus problem/performance post fix not applied correctly. Which antivirus program are you using?

Quite funny since I don't run any third party antivirus (just default windows defender). I've included a screenshot of the exclusions (which don't help at all in my case unfortunately). https://imgur.com/a/MTfBHJ5

Side note: makes me wonder if it's a conflict with the pmdg or fenix, probably shouldn't be though.

What happens if you limit your fps to say, 30, in Nvidia Control Panel?  I think its under Manage 3D settings...Max Frame Rate etc.  This is just a test not an end solution.  Make sure its in NCP and not the sim - the sim's settings didn't work for me.

Good shout as it does "work" (I scrolled through the endless pages of the forum to find that "solution" xd), but I'm not willing to limit myself to 30 fps when I can easily get 50+ and it looks much smoother. Additionally, paying $65 CAD just to have the sim set to 30 fps to use this payware mod is just unreasonable and it should work with my settings maxed (I have a mix of high and ultra settings).
TinySquid21,

This was only a suggestion as a test, it is not a cure for the problem, but worth the effort in helping us find a solution.
We understand that no two computers are alike and software sometimes causes problems, hence why we are here to help

This is for the Milviz C310: can you please try temporarily disabling the PMS 750 if you have it installed and try another test?
Oh he's using the C310 with PMS enabled (and trying to use TDS? That's a known issue that Milviz is addressing on SP1 of the 310.
(07-02-2022, 10:19 PM)admin Wrote: TinySquid21,

This was only a suggestion as a test, it is not a cure for the problem, but worth the effort in helping us find a solution.
We understand that no two computers are alike and software sometimes causes problems, hence why we are here to help

This is for the Milviz C310: can you please try temporarily disabling the PMS 750 if you have it installed and try another test?

I do not have the PMS installed.
Hello,

What video card do you have and which driver version?
(07-05-2022, 01:11 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

RTX 2060 SUPER and Game Ready driver 516.59
Unfortunately also having the same problem described above.

Edit: Seems like I partially fixed my problem by resetting my NVIDIA settings completely. Still a slight loss in smoothness compared to PMDG and other addons, but significantly better than before.
(07-07-2022, 03:03 AM)TinySquid21 Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 01:11 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

RTX 2060 SUPER and Game Ready driver 516.59

What other software are you running in the background? Perhaps there is not enough GPU/CPU room for the TDS GTNXi to function? Is it possible to please run a test by turning a few MSFS settings lower and by closing other non-necessary background running software?