This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue resolved - Flickering screen - not useable
Purchased yesterday and was working great for 2 flights. Today I startup the Milviz 310R and the display is showing the screens as they were last night after shutdown and flickering a lot. I've restarted the PC twice, I've tried restarting the GTNXi while in the sim. I've tried running as administrator. Any ideas? This was a big investment to be sitting on the shelf unusable... FYI the default GPS units work fine when selected in the Milviz tablet.

Edit: Thank you to TDS Sim Software! They corrected an issue interfering with me enjoying the product...and it wasn't even their problem. Very appreciative of the time and attention of your team. Thank you thank you.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear of the problems, this is the first report of the issue. Not to worry, we will do our best to assist you in the matter. In order to isolate if this is an issue related to us, can you please try running the standalone exe with a non VC integrated aircraft and let us know if it flickers?

Additionally, do you have another addon with a VC integration, such as the FSW C414 or Just Flight Pipers?
Stand alone, in a non VC integrated aircraft it works exactly as it should. I also own the piper arrows, it is NOT functioning in the arrows as well, however, the 650 unit works as it is supposed to in the piper.

I'll also elaborate on the flickering. The screen is flickering AND is completely not functional. So it's not just a visual issue.

Edit: Tried uninstalling and reinstaling...big mistake. After reinstalling the trainer I tried installing the link to MSFS and got an error "MSFS EXE XML Writing Error" and now the device doesn't work at all. Application reads "Could not find GTNXi PC Trainer, it looks like it is not installed, please reinstall from the TDS GPS Manager or contact support!"

The trainer is in fact installed. This is turning into a 50 dollar headache and I'm not pleased with the janky way this software is setup.
We understand that you are experiencing problems and we are here to help, please do not worry, you are in good hands.

We have to resolve the reinstallation issue. Let's get the PC Trainer first, then we can worry about the EXE XML file.
For the PC Trainer, if you already have the base Aviation Trainer 3.2.3.0 installed, please download and install this file:

Then let us know if it loads.