This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completely unusable in Milviz
FPS in the Milviz in unusably low - around 1-2 fps. You can see it very clearly in the button glow animations. 

Granted that I also can't figure out how to pop-out the GPS (it just states that it's in gauge mode in the app), it's completely unusable in the plane.

I've checked out the "Performance" tips. Option from experimental does nothing (I'm already at 60+ fps in milviz), and I can't add the process to the defender exceptions since the exe is in protected MS store folder (it's not like it does anything judging by the other people's threads).

Needless to say that I'm pissed. Product is 60$ and it's very clearly not usable as advertised on the store.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing with the TDS GTNXi, we understand that sometimes computers may be difficult, but to be upset at us without offering us the a chance to help you is unfair to us.

We think that the Windows Defender process exclusion is the key to resolving the issue, we have had almost all users with performance problems experience a resolution by properly applying the fix, it is useless to advertise the fix, but to help you in getting it fixed.

The TDS GTNXI installation folder is not protected by MS Store as it is placed in a different directory inside ProgramData, however, you do not need to add an exception for a path, but for a "Process" name, which is different. If you are willing to approach resolving this problem again, we will gladly assist so you can be able to enjoy the TDS GTNXi to its full potential!
Sorry, I had a bad evening and TDS not working became an icing on the cake of sorts.

I've added the exceptions: https://imgur.com/a/G5uLQrJ, but it stays exactly the same.

There's a thing that I've noticed - FPS is low when Flight Simulator is in focus, but if I switch window focus anything else, FPS in the simulator is better! Needless to say that if I switch back to MSFS it gets to 1 fps again.
Hello,

It is totally understood. Thank you for your screenshot, it does indeed look fine now.

To pop-up the VC integrated gauge you can use the right ALT key + left mouse click on the VC gauge, please let us know how this works.

Did you disable GPU Hardware Scheduling and reboot the PC?
(05-17-2022, 11:31 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

It is totally understood. Thank you for your screenshot, it does indeed look fine now.

To pop-up the VC integrated gauge you can use the right ALT key + left mouse click on the VC gauge, please let us know how this works.

I'm brand new to the forums here and a new TDS GTNXi customer so perhaps this is the correct place to post since I am experiencing the same very low framerates in the Milviz 310R.  In the Milviz plane when I have any other nav config (e.g. GNS530) enabled I get 70+ fps but the instance I select GTNXi (dual screen) I get 20 fps and the plane becomes unusable.

Since this was a posted a while ago is this a known issue with a necessary workaround?  I didn't quite understand the post above about Windows defender.  I should note that the GTNXi in the Sting S4 has no problems and I noticed a post on discord about the flysimware 414 having a similar issue (very poor performance with dual screens).  

Thanks for any help.
(06-26-2022, 05:23 AM)WasabiDadSFO Wrote:
(05-17-2022, 11:31 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

I'm brand new to the forums here and a new TDS GTNXi customer so perhaps this is the correct place to post since I am experiencing the same very low framerates in the Milviz 310R.  In the Milviz plane when I have any other nav config (e.g. GNS530) enabled I get 70+ fps but the instance I select GTNXi (dual screen) I get 20 fps and the plane becomes unusable.

Since this was a posted a while ago is this a known issue with a necessary workaround?  I didn't quite understand the post above about Windows defender.  I should note that the GTNXi in the Sting S4 has no problems and I noticed a post on discord about the flysimware 414 having a similar issue (very poor performance with dual screens).  

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

We have seen that you have posted this problem within multiple threads, so we would like to ask you to please keep the discussion to this thread.
Regarding performance issues, this seems to be a case with the Antivirus system (Windows Defender) interfering, as well as the necessity to change the MSFS Drawing to NanoVG.

Both solutions are described by us and also in a YouTube video, please refer to this link and apply the fixes:

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-210.html

They should dramatically improve performance, especially enabling NanoVG which should increase performance in add-ons that use the dual 750 config, such as the Milviz C310 and FSW C414.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
Sorry for posting twice.  Confused

Doing both of those steps did indeed eliminate the performance problem in the 310 with dual displays although it still imposes a significant hit on my CPU (5800x3d).  In my experiments I start the 310 with the GNS530:
- CPU temp is in 60s and fps is 80+.
...After switching to dual NXi screens.
- CPU temp jumps to 80+ and fps is in the 50s.

So while these fixes did indeed improve the performance enough where it is usable, is it expected to add that sort of CPU load even with fixes applied?

In the Sting S4 with a single screen this is no issue at all.  

If dual 750s are a known issue I wonder if it's worth suggesting to developers to make the 750/650 layout instead?  (e.g. that is what is done in the Just Flight Arrow and although I don't have that I've see yt videos where no performance issue is seen).

Thank you very much.
Hello,

Thank you for your advice, as with all software, there is a slight CPU impact when using any software. We will consider asking developers on a 750/650 combination.
Additionally, if you are interested in a slightly lower resolution 750 screens which should result in better performance, please send us the panel.cfg of the aircraft at: support@tdssim.com and we will assist you.

We are constantly working on performance improvements and as technology progresses, such situations will certainly improve.