This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simulator stutters when using TDS
Thank you. Can you try temporarily disabling real-time protection and test again?
Additionally, what is the CPU usage of gtn_simulator.exe?
I tried disabling the real time protection, it did not affect the stutters.

Here is a task manager screenshot:

[Image: 4YSAb8k.jpg]

A bit interested in the continuous 100MB/s/process disk usage.
Thank you for the information, you should not worry about the desk usage, that is normal.

The CPU graph test posted helped a bit. If you start MSFS with the TDS closed and then the standalone GTNXi PC Trainer (not the TDS), do you still get stutters?

There must be something on your system, a setting, configuration, program that causes such interference since as we all can see, there aren't many reports of this problem.
So this is awkward, but the stutters are gone. The only config change I have done today is install a game through steam which lead to steam installing a bunch of DirectX and what not dependencies.
Thank you for the update, we find this quite behavior, but we are glad that it is working fine now, most likely, as you said, it was a DirectX/dependency issue. Good luck and please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
(05-16-2022, 10:40 PM)tebro Wrote: So this is awkward, but the stutters are gone. The only config change I have done today is install a game through steam which lead to steam installing a bunch of DirectX and what not dependencies.

Hello,

Can you please let us know of which program you have installed and if possible, the dependencies/DirectX files, as this may help other users as well?

Thank you.
(12-14-2022, 10:26 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote:
(05-16-2022, 10:40 PM)tebro Wrote: So this is awkward, but the stutters are gone. The only config change I have done today is install a game through steam which lead to steam installing a bunch of DirectX and what not dependencies.

Hello,

Can you please let us know of which program you have installed and if possible, the dependencies/DirectX files, as this may help other users as well?

Thank you.

Hey,

This was some time ago, and I have a fresh install of Windows since then, so unfortunately I cannot provide any insight into what it might have been at the time that ended up solving the issue.
(12-15-2022, 10:54 AM)tebro Wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

Hey,

This was some time ago, and I have a fresh install of Windows since then, so unfortunately I cannot provide any insight into what it might have been at the time that ended up solving the issue.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply, it is totally understood; if possible, do you recall the program used to install via Steam? After reinstalling Windows, did you have any more performance problems or did the TDS GTNXi work well right out of the box?
(12-15-2022, 11:44 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 10:54 AM)tebro Wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

Hey,

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply, it is totally understood; if possible, do you recall the program used to install via Steam? After reinstalling Windows, did you have any more performance problems or did the TDS GTNXi work well right out of the box?

Yes it works for me at the moment, though I have installed mostly the same games that I had before getting the new disk for windows. I have no memory of what I was playing at the time, sorry I can't be of more help.
Thank you for providing us with the information.