This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigator GTN 750 problem
I installed, following the instructions, the Garmin Aviation Triner and the module for Flight Simulator (MSFS2020), set GTN750 in the Garmin Aviation Trainer, and started the icon on the desktop TDS GTNXi, started MSFS2020. The connection has been confirmed. But when you press the battery and avionics button of the PA28RT (just flight) the navigator does not turn on. How can I do to see it on the plane?
Mustag
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help. This fix requires two steps:

Step1: Confirm that the TDS GTNXi works well, by starting the TDS GTNXi from the desktop icon with MSFS closed and click on the GTN750Xi button. Do you see the LCD screen working?
Step2: Inside MSFS, with the Just Flight Piper Selected, which GPS Selection do you have enabled, exactly what does it say there? Please note, you have to wait 3 minutes on initial load, while in flight, for MSFS to compile the WASM gauges.
Step1: When clicked on GTN750Xi button, I see Consumer license, licensed to: (my name) but I cant click to continue (is unclickable). The same after clicked on GTN650Xi.
Step2: Inside MSFS, I selected GTN750 (non GTN750Xi option)

When I select Cessna 414 Cancellor in MSFS, with GTN750Xi configuration livrery, is ok.
Can you please make sure to update the Just Flight Piper to the latest version, as in the Piper you should see "TDS GTNXI" and not "GTN750".
Hello,
I am having the exact same problem that Mustrag had, but in my case, and to the best of my recollection I have never installed PMS. Also, there is no PMS GTN related software in my community folder unless it came bundled with some aircraft. I looked around and cant find anything.

I have the problem in my C414, Milviz 310 and all of my JF Arrow versions. I am up to date on all softwares. More importantly, Your stand-alone shows the same problem without the simulator running. I am getting the (750 or 650) LCD screen up with my license info but the "Continue" button does not respond to presses. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all aircraft, TDS GTN750Xi and the garmin trainer. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you!
(05-16-2022, 12:58 AM)Hawk570 Wrote: Hello,
I am having the exact same problem that Mustrag had, but in my case, and to the best of my recollection I have never installed PMS. Also, there is no PMS GTN related software in my community folder unless it came bundled with some aircraft. I looked around and cant find anything.

I have the problem in my C414, Milviz 310 and all of my JF Arrow versions. I am up to date on all softwares. More importantly, Your stand-alone shows the same problem without the simulator running. I am getting the (750 or 650) LCD screen up with my license info but the "Continue" button does not respond to presses. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all aircraft, TDS GTN750Xi and the garmin trainer. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you!

Hello Hawk570,

We are sorry to hear of the problem that you are experiencing, we are here to help. This sounds like a complex problem, so it may need some special support in order to get it solved, we are committed to assisting you in a proper resolution.

The first step is to find out of the standalone GTNXi PC Trainer works, this is started from the Aviation Trainers program that was installed and selecting the GTN750Xi from the interface.

The second step is to find out if there is any Windows Event Viewer crash data for gtn_simualtor.exe which is found in the Windows Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application, it can be accessed from here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-exp...an-use-it/

Based on the information provided, we shall see how to approach the problem.
Thank you.
Thank you for the fast reply.
If you are referring to Garmin Aviation Trainer, it runs normally. I can open GTN750Xi and all functionality is there.
If you are referring to your application TDS GTNXi Flight Sim, it loads but when I select GNT750Xi it shows me the LCD screen with my license information but does not allow me to press the Continue button. However, the GTN650Xi does seem to run normally.

For both application, there are no entries in Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications. I started by clearing the logs, running both apps as described, then refresh the logs and checked again. They do not seem to be generating any errors.
Thank you for the information. Using the same test scenario with MSFS closed and the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim, can you confirm that inside Task Manager, Details tab that you have two processed called gtn_simulator.exe running?
I have three processes running
2 gtn_simulator.exe 32 bit and
1 TDS GTNXi Flight Sim - 1.0.1.6
All three have a disabled tag on them under UAC virtualization

I have a 64 bit machine. Could that have anything to do with it?
Having a 64 machine is great, we think that this is a very isolated issue, so it would require different support than via the forums. Can you please send us an email at support@tdssim.com using your full PC specs as well as the monitors that you have and we will take it from there?