This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTN trainer installer problems
I have attempted to re-install the garmin trainer. The file GTNXi_20_20_10_OfflineInstaller.exe opens, but the start button is blacked out and only the exit button is active.
I have made exclusions, updated windows, deleted all garmin files from the registry to start afresh, allowed the programs through defender....... nothing seems to work. 
I installed the offline trainer 2.4.0.0 from garmin and the program works in the start menu, but this version is not compatible with the TDS GTN.
Any suggestions please.
Hello,

We have received the same support request on Discord and we have privately messaged you there with a fix for the problem.
Thumbs Up 
Problem solved. Thanks TDSSIM for your great support !
Thank you for your patience and for working with us, Pete!

For all other customers with this issue, it will be fixed starting with version 1.0.1.4 which will be released shortly!
Hi,

I have attempted several installs/deletes and reinstalls now and they have all resulted in the same failure point listed above with the Garmin Trainer installation. Could you share the workaround for this issue?

I have previously used Flight 1 GTN products as well as their G500 on an FSX and P3D install. I did deleted the old copy of the trainer and the F1 products associated with it but the install is still failing at the offline trainer part with greyed out switch to proceed. I am concerned there are still some old remainates of those installations messing things up. 

I will change the destination folders for the install and system files after trying to purge any other older files that might be contributing to this issue while I wait for a reply.
When the installation finishes, is there a requirement to open the trainer and run it (once) before it's functional or can it be closed once the dialogue displays?

System is an i7 with 32GB Ram 3x2TB HDDs' and using a GTX1080Ti running Windows 10. I'm displaying the GTNs' on a separate 9" touchscreen monitor in portrait 768x1024 in a custom 3d printed fascia (Both 750 and 650 displayed in a stack) with switches and encoders I had made for the older software.

Many thanks,
Stuart  Smile
(05-22-2022, 02:19 PM)Rogue Trooper Wrote: Hi,

I have attempted several installs/deletes and reinstalls now and they have all resulted in the same failure point listed above with the Garmin Trainer installation. Could you share the workaround for this issue?

I have previously used Flight 1 GTN products as well as their G500 on an FSX and P3D install. I did deleted the old copy of the trainer and the F1 products associated with it but the install is still failing at the offline trainer part with greyed out switch to proceed. I am concerned there are still some old remainates of those installations messing things up. 

I will change the destination folders for the install and system files after trying to purge any other older files that might be contributing to this issue while I wait for a reply.
When the installation finishes, is there a requirement to open the trainer and run it (once) before it's functional or can it be closed once the dialogue displays?

System is an i7 with 32GB Ram 3x2TB HDDs' and using a GTX1080Ti running Windows 10. I'm displaying the GTNs' on a separate 9" touchscreen monitor in portrait 768x1024 in a custom 3d printed fascia (Both 750 and 650 displayed in a stack) with switches and encoders I had made for the older software.

Many thanks,
Stuart  Smile

Hello Stuart,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help. Can you please send us a screenshot of the exact problem that you are having on our email address: support@tdssim.com ? We will continue troubleshooting this problem there. There is no need to run the GTNXI standalone PC Trainer first.