This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display standalone window in parallell to VC
I'm loving the VC integration of the GTNXi, but since I have a small touchscreen for the home cockpit that could display the GTN750, I'd really love to have the option to have the standalone window available additionally to the VC integrated one.

Currently I need to choose between the two and having the cockpit not showing the GTNXi just because I want to use it on my touchscreen makes the cockpit look weird since then it displays the default MFD of the G1000 or the GNS530 for instance (in the JustFlight Pipers).

Is it possible to achieve them both in parallell? Even if it costs performance I'd like to be able to try it out.
Hello, thank you for your message. At this time it is currently not possible, but we will look into it in the future.
Thank you for the quick response!

Maybe as an additional hint:
It would also be totally fine if this mode (VC and standalone in parallell) would not support any input in the VC but simply display the screen. Since in this mode the control would be via standalone window on a touchscreen.

So if this kind of approach would help you find an easier solution, maybe this would be the best of both worlds Smile

For the time being I guess I'll use the standalone window on the JustFlight Pipers with the GNS530 stack, but it's really not nice to see a different unit in the VC than actually using in the home cockpit. So I really hope there is some solution to this.
The old relay mod pretty much does this. Standalone popup via touchscreen or second monitor...but displayed in the virtual cockpit. Look at this mod https://flightsim.to/file/15543/vc-scree...50xi-650xi
(03-28-2022, 01:41 AM)ryanbatc Wrote: The old relay mod pretty much does this. Standalone popup via touchscreen or second monitor...but displayed in the virtual cockpit. Look at this mod https://flightsim.to/file/15543/vc-scree...50xi-650xi
Thanks, but according to latest comments it's no longer working and doesn't seem to be maintained.
Also I think this is just a workaround, pretty sure if TDS would implement this, it'd be better supported Smile

For the time being I'm flying with the PMS50 in the cockpit and TDS as standalone. But not really happy with that solution (and it also doesn't support the GS for LPV approaches).
We did not forget this issue and we will analyze it when the time comes!