This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kodiak 100 NXI integration problem
Good morning,
Sorry my english is bad i'm french

i heva buy the GPS Nxi and i have installed the las update ok the kodiak 100
and when i start the Kodiak in the simulator, i don't have the 750 Nxi in the cockpit

Can you help me ?
Thanks

PS : the GPS work perfect vith the PA28 Arrows
Hello, thank you for your message and for purchasing the TDS GTNXi.

The SWS Quest Kodiak has a G1000 NXI suite, which is incompatible with the TDS GTNXi, this would not happen in real life, as the two units are not meant to be installed in the same panel.
We will analyze a possible replacement of part of the MFD, if there are enough customer requests.

Thank you and please let us know if you have any questions.
(03-15-2022, 02:40 PM)administrateur Wrote: Bonjour, merci pour votre message et pour l'achat du TDS GTNXi.

Le SWS Quest Kodiak dispose d'une suite G1000 NXI, qui est incompatible avec le TDS GTNXi, cela ne se produirait pas dans la vraie vie, car les deux unités ne sont pas destinées à être installées dans le même panneau.
Nous analyserons un éventuel remplacement d'une partie du MFD, s'il y a suffisamment de demandes des clients.

Merci et n'hésitez pas à nous contacter si vous avez des questions.

Hello,
Precisely, I have just registered on this forum to find information before buying, because precisely I use the Kodiak 100 a lot, because I use On Air company to make all my flights!

I bought the GTN750  of PMS (very expensive..) 15 days ago (for a year) and I lose 24 fps when I put the Gtn750 in windowed mode!

Will I have the same problem with your product?

thank you
(03-16-2022, 08:39 PM)Christy Wrote: Hello,
Precisely, I have just registered on this forum to find information before buying, because precisely I use the Kodiak 100 a lot, because I use On Air company to make all my flights!

I bought the GTN750  of PMS (very expensive..) 15 days ago (for a year) and I lose 24 fps when I put the Gtn750 in windowed mode!

Will I have the same problem with your product?

thank you

The Kodiak isn't meant to be used with a GTN. It's made to be used with a G1000. It's been explained in this thread that they don't play well together.

That said, the PMS GTN isn't the problem with your frame rate loss. That's a bug in the sim that's been there since launch. It's a very well known issue. Asobo claimed to have made some progress fixing it for SU8, but whatever fix they implemented seems to not work for anyone. So until Asobo fix it, you have to deal with the performance penalty from popping out windows. It's just the way the sim is atm. DX12 should actually fix it. And if you can run DX12 now without it affecting your performance (it works great for some, horribly for most), then you can pop out windows without losing performance.

That said, if you use the TDS GTNXi, you can run it in "normal" mode vs popping out a window. It runs as a separate, external application and doesn't require popping out windows from the sim. It doesn't take away any fps when used that way. It's simply running an external program that talks to your sim. Much like using Navigraph or Little NavMap or other external apps. It just talks to the sim via SimConnect. 

I still wouldn't recommend using it in a G1000 plane though.
Thank you for your reply ,

It is interesting to understand that the TDS GTNXi, used on another screen being independent
and therefore outside the sim card the problem of Fps will not arise.

And thank you for your info DX12 that I have never tried, you give me the idea to test this option.
(03-16-2022, 09:31 PM)Christy Wrote: Thank you for your reply ,

It is interesting to understand that the TDS GTNXi, used on another screen being independent
and therefore outside the sim card the problem of Fps will not arise.

And thank you for your info DX12 that I have never tried, you give me the idea to test this option.

You can certianly try DX12. If it works without stutters or large frame drops, then you're good to go. Popping out instruments in MSFS won't touch your frame rate.

However, most people are seeing either an overall performance loss, or terrible stuttering while using DX12 Beta currently. But if it does work for you, then you won't lose any fps popping out the windows from the sim.