This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
units not able to 'talk' to each other and no fight plan from game
Hello,

Do you have plans on getting units linked in the future? Are they not linked right now beucase of MSFS API limitations? Or becuase it is TDS work in progress? It not super clear given other products (the 'other' GTN, the Working Title G1000 mod) have units linked. Also, the transponder code  selected one TDS unit does reflect on the second one so some degree of syncing between units is taking place.

I think you areldy mentioned on this forum that flight plans from world map are not possible at this time due to game limitatiosn. Again, it's confusing (and to be sure I'm no developer) becuase same 2 products cited above don't seem to have this limitation (screenshot shows above point as well as this one). Would mind weighing in on this?

Thank you,
Michael

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Michael,

We do not like this forum to transcend into US vs OTHERS. As it is now, the TDS GTNXi doe snot do Crossfill. According to real life GTNXI manuals, Crossfill is not just a copy/paste of the same flight plan, please refer to the real GTNXI manual to see the intricacies of crossfill. We understand that this is a desired feature and we will consider it for the future, if it is possible, but for now we will continue on making our product as perfect and bug free as possible before considering adding new features.
Thank you and I apologize - I don't mean to be comparing to any other product (or mod) in particular. That was meant to merely illustrate as to why I find it confusing that, for example, that flight plan from World Map is currently impossible to be reflected in the GPS. That flight plan came from the Word Map and was not entered in the GPS.

Will METAR data be coming to TDN in the near future? Without naming specific units (though there are only 3 or 4 rightnow including mods; plus a small number of moving map addons that also take this approach); even if it is not possible to get METAR through API, would you consider something like AVWX REST API?

I most definitely do not know how a real unit works. Glad to be learning from your product. Realism of it was the main reason I bought it :-)

Thank you,
Michael
Michael,

Your honest answer is truly appreciated! Due to the nature of the GTNXi, we do not want to promise new features, only to find a roadblock in the design process, hence why we can't say what will come. But of course, we are interested in developing the GTNXi with as many features that make sense and are possible.
(03-06-2022, 11:11 PM)michael.chomiczewski@gmail.com Wrote: I most definitely do not know how a real unit works. Glad to be learning from your product. Realism of it was the main reason I bought it :-)

Thank you,
Michael

As another user, let me try to shed some light..  You are indeed looking at the "real unit" just as you would experience it in a real GA airplane.  Unfortunately, the unit does not know that it is living inside MSFS, and as such has no appreciation of the MSFS world.   The good news is that you get to interact with the unit as you would in the real world, complete with the Garmin/Jeppesen navdata and charts... The bad news is that the unit does not reflect the MSFS navdata, or flight plan.   That is a tradeoff... and the way I handle it, is that I have some airplanes in my hangar that fly with MSFS data, like the G36 Bonanza and its G1000NXi, and other airplanes that fly with Garmin navdata, like the Turbo Arrow and the C337 with their TDS GTN 750NXi.  Hope that helps a bit..
(03-07-2022, 12:13 AM)bpieke Wrote: As another user, let me try to shed some light..  You are indeed looking at the "real unit" just as you would experience it in a real GA airplane.  Unfortunately, the unit does not know that it is living inside MSFS, and as such has no appreciation of the MSFS world.   The good news is that you get to interact with the unit as you would in the real world, complete with the Garmin/Jeppesen navdata and charts... The bad news is that the unit does not reflect the MSFS navdata, or flight plan.   That is a tradeoff... and the way I handle it, is that I have some airplanes in my hangar that fly with MSFS data, like the G36 Bonanza and its G1000NXi, and other airplanes that fly with Garmin navdata, like the Turbo Arrow and the C337 with their TDS GTN 750NXi.  Hope that helps a bit..

Believe it or not - I understand it full well  [Image: r0yWTSOWK82hColgo_hIN0xXw-R5sAzee-xyeszX...FQpzK9pJN1] But can you fault me for wanting the best of BOTH worlds? Yes, I appreciate that the units either are the trainer transplanted into MSFS cockpits; or something based on the trainer, but indistinguishable in look and functionality  from the trainer. So might as well be the trainer  Smile When I saw it, I immediatly though - wow, this is a dream come true and a must have!  Just would be great if tighter integration with the "host" (i.e. MSFS) were in place. Hope it comes some day!

Thx,
Michael

PS still -  AVWX REST API usage or not does not seem related to MSFS API limitations. When running as an external exe that “talks” to MSFS, AVWX API should be, if anything, easier to leverage than from within a device simulated in java script in the game?
Michael,

If programming would be as easy, then most of the features that you have requested would already have been implemented. We never stated that only the MSFS SDK is a limitation, as Bert has correctly said, it is the PC Trainer that is also a limitation. However, this will not deter us from continually improving the TDS GTNXi wherever it will be possible!
(03-07-2022, 05:10 PM)admin Wrote: We never stated that only the MSFS SDK is a limitation, as Bert has correctly said, it is the PC Trainer that is also a limitation. 

Thank you for the context! That is actually very helpful for setting expectations  Smile

Michael