This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTN in VC very laggy on Just Flight Turbo Arrow
(03-11-2022, 10:18 PM)mfransen69 Wrote: Hi,

In case it might help in my case "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" is off but still have huge stutters.

Best, Marcel

Hello Marcel,

Can you please give us some more information about your problem. What is exactly stuttering and under what conditions?
Also, what are your full system specs?

Thank you.
Hi,

Of course.

I did some tests and now noticed what (at least for me) makes a very noticeable impact.
I tried to repeat the same flight using the just flight warrior II from the same airfield, same weather (just using restart after each flight).
First with the default GPS 100, then with the TDS with no FLP loaded, then a third time with a FLP loaded (just a direct to another field).
I do see some stutters compared to the GPS 100 with no flight plan loaded (every 5 to 10 seconds), but these are rather light. When I do load a FLP I get significant stutters, also every 5 to 10 seconds, but now really causing significant lag and black parts of the screen (I'm using VR btw). In between these stutters it seems rather smooth (and my FPS counter gives a normal readout).

My system is not super fast but with my settings tuned down enough under normal circumstances I do get a rather stable 30-40 FPS (again using VR)

Windows 10 Home 19043
Core I7-5930K overclocked to 4.4GHz (hyperthreading off)
32 GB memory (CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4)
Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe
GPU 1080TI (overclocked)

Hope this helps!

Best regards, Marcel
Hello Marcel,

Thank you for your detailed report. We are actively working on increasing performance of the TDS GTNXi. We would like to ask if you get the same performance problems by using the TDS GTNXi in standalone windowed mode in a NON VC Integrated aircraft?

Indeed, the system seems to be on the low side in terms of video card performance, we would generally recommend offering some GPU cycles to the TDS GTNXi (whatever low it may need), since if MSFS uses all GPU, then nothing remains for the TDS GTNXI to use. Perhaps you can try limiting FPS as a test?

Thank you.
(03-13-2022, 11:37 AM)admin Wrote: Thank you for your detailed report. We are actively working on increasing performance of the TDS GTNXi. We would like to ask if you get the same performance problems by using the TDS GTNXi in standalone windowed mode in a NON VC Integrated aircraft?

Hi I did two test flights same airport as yesterday using the default C152, both in VR. First flight no GPS at all, very fluent no stutters at all. 2nd using the TDS GTNXi (both units to replicate the Warrior II setup) in standalone windowed mode with a FLP loaded (same FLP as yesterday, take off EHHO, direct EHTE). The result was somewhat inbetween the Warrior flight yesterday with TDS GTN with and without FLP. I got stutters and sometimes black screens but not as worse as in the Warrior II with integrated GTN.
I normally not use the TDS in standalone mode as I only fly in VR

(03-13-2022, 11:37 AM)admin Wrote: Indeed, the system seems to be on the low side in terms of video card performance, we would generally recommend offering some GPU cycles to the TDS GTNXi (whatever low it may need), since if MSFS uses all GPU, then nothing remains for the TDS GTNXI to use. Perhaps you can try limiting FPS as a test?
Thank you.

Where would you like me to do that? As far as I understand there is no such option for VR.

Thanks for all your help and looking into this issue. Great support!!

Best regards, Marcel
Marcel,

To set a temporary FPS limitation, this is dona via the MSFS Grpahics Settings, by enabling VSYNC and we suggest setting a 30FPS, but also via Nvidia Control Panel as described here:
http://www.forum.tdssim.com/thread-151-p...tml#pid942
(03-13-2022, 04:07 PM)admin Wrote: Marcel,

To set a temporary FPS limitation, this is dona via the MSFS Grpahics Settings, by enabling VSYNC and we suggest setting a 30FPS, but also via Nvidia Control Panel as described here:
http://www.forum.tdssim.com/thread-151-p...tml#pid942

I'm sorry but that option is only available when using a monitor, for VR such setting is not there.

Best regards, Marcel
I understand, Marcel, perhaps through Nvidia Control Panel?
Must admit I did not expect the nvidea setting to work (they do not all apply to VR and you typically do not want to limit the framerate in VR, at least not under the sync rate of your headset) but I tested and it does work. I set it to some rather low number (luckily I'm completely resistant to VR motion sickness Smile ) and I can confirm indeed now the stutters are gone. I'll see if I can come up with an acceptable number that at least is usable until there is a solution to the stutters.

Thanks for all the help!

Best, Marcel