This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smart Glide - Glide Speed setting?
How can we change the speed at which the GTN flies the Smart Glide profile? It seems that it is always 88 knots. In a lot of aircraft this leads to a stall.

I actually work at a Garmin avionics shop in real life, and I know that you would hold HOME while powering on the 750 to get in the config menus to change this. But....I don't think this is possible in MSFS..right?

So how can we change the glide speed setting?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration, I love the product. Bought it after your Navigraph update. I'm sure you probably had to make some crazy deal with Garmin for the Navigraph thing to even be possible. Wish I could use the same data in the RXP GTN in Xplane.

I look forward to hearing from you, and hope you have a good day/night!

Dan
Hello Dan,

Thank you for your question, indeed, entering config mode in the TDS GTNXi on startup is not possible.

However, we allow the ability to set the glide speed and glide range by setting LVars, so if you have any software that has this possibility, then these are the LVars:

L:TDSGTNXI_VGlide in knots
L:TDSGTNXI_GlideRatio as a number, range 1.0 to 100.0 (message edited to correct error)

Some aircraft add-on manufacturers preset these vars on startup, as this information is part of our SDK, to improve user experience.

We are glad to hear that you enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro and the new features that it brings. If you have any other questions, feature requests, please feel free to message @TDSSim on our Discord channel:
https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH

Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro, not to worry, we are doing our best to continually improve it.
(04-20-2024, 12:29 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Dan,

Thank you for your question, indeed, entering config mode in the TDS GTNXi on startup is not possible.

However, we allow the ability to set the glide speed and glide range by setting LVars, so if you have any software that has this possibility, then these are the LVars:

L:TDSGTNXI_VGlide in knots
L:TDSGTNXI_GlideRatio as a number, range 1.0 to 9.6

Some aircraft add-on manufacturers preset these vars on startup, as this information is part of our SDK, to improve user experience.

We are glad to hear that you enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro and the new features that it brings. If you have any other questions, feature requests, please feel free to message @TDSSim on our Discord channel:
https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH

Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi Pro, not to worry, we are doing our best to continually improve it.

Thank you for the response, I was wondering, where exactly should I set these Lvars? In the aircraft's .FLT file?

I wouldn't mind a copy of your SDK maybe, if this contains a bunch of useful information!

Also, I see you said the glide ratio value goes up to 9.6 - I just looked up 2 aircraft, the Lear 35 and the Baron 58, and they both have glide ratios above 12, so how would I set that correctly if 9.6 is the max?

(I also asked this in Discord)
To clarify the matter here as well, the glide range is from 1.0 to 100.0, this was an error on our part, thank you for noticing it, we have amended our SDK accordingly.