This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realsim gear and TDS
Hello, 

I am using two realsimgear G5s running Air Manager G5 premium panels. I also have a GTN650 and 750. I use the default analogue c172. 

For some reason, when I use the TDS the GPS course bar on the HSI flickers back and fourth and doesn't work correctly. Also when I set the 650 as NAV2 and the 750 as NAV1 the CDI selector seems to change both of them from GPS to VLOC? 

Also for some reason the TDS affects the altitude bug on the G5. 

Any suggestions? 

Cheers,
Hello,

The default analog C172 has the WT GNS, which is causing a conflict with the TDS GTNXi.
You will have to disable the WT GNS by setting the respective WT GNS disable LVars, do you have this possibility?
The LVars that need to be set to 1 are:

L:XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS530_1
L:XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS430_1

This will disable the WT GNS and the autopilot and HSI will function properly.
(04-13-2024, 10:41 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: The LVars that need to be set to 1 are:

Sorry I don’t know how to do this. Can you please tell me? I deleted the vcockpit WT in the panel.cfg but this didn’t solve the problem.
(04-13-2024, 03:22 PM)barneybus Wrote:
(04-13-2024, 10:41 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: The LVars that need to be set to 1 are:

I second that. Please explain how we are supposed to disable these. Thank you in advance for your help.
Hello,

Do you have spad.next? If you do, here is a tutorial on how to achieve this:
https://youtu.be/cTnzSreUoSs?si=vYMZ14UfE8gbRfw9

As far as the panel.cfg modifications not working, it seems that something was not performed right. Please provide us with the full path of the panel.cfg file as well as the exact sections which you have modified and how they have been modified.

Best regards
Thanks for reply.  No I do not have Spad.Next.  

Thank you in advance.
We will analyze if/what can be done on our end for those not running Spad.next.
In addition you can look into other possibilities on setting Lvars or the panel.cfg modifications.

We will update this thread as it seems like a high interest feature.
I appreciate your responses.  I develop software myself and know this is no easy task.  You have a great accomplishment here for sure.

Unfortunately you have not provided a solution.  I paid for your program, as I suspect everyone did.  We all expect it to work as described.  I would have expected a warning prior to purchase that I would suffer these issues.  Did I miss that? I do not want to buy more software (Spad.Next) just to fix the function in your program that is causing me grief.  I would have expected you to automatically address this upon discovery.

I am hoping for a solution of one or more of the following:
  • Put a feature into your software that I can disable the built in 430 and / or 530 easily. (i.e. send the disable LVARS as noted above)
  • Put a feature into your software that I can simply disable the offending function and get my AP and HSIs working again.
  • Instructions on how to write these LVARs with the Flight-Tracker Stream Deck plugin incorporating the Mobiflight WASM.
  • Instructions on how to write these LVARs with the Flight-Tracker Stream Deck plugin alone.
  • Instructions on how to write these LVARs from Air Manager.
  • Instructions on how to modify the .cfg to have these 430 and 530 disabled from launch.
I really would like to get this sorted out.  Not just for me, but for everyone.  

Thanks in advance for your time and support.
OK, for anyone interested, I coded an Air Manager solution that is working for me.  

I created a generic switch that sets the LVARS.  Here is my code to disable or re-enable the GNS430.  Simply change the 430 to 530 as needed.  I do hope this helps some folks.  Thanks for reading.

function switch_click_callback(position)

if position == 0 then

switch_set_position(switch_id, 1)

fs2020_variable_write("L:XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS430_1", "Enum", 1)

elseif position == 1 then

switch_set_position(switch_id, 0)

fs2020_variable_write("L:XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS430_1", "Enum", 0)

end

end