This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Conflict HW Acc GPU Scheduling
I've essentially stopped using the TDS until this issue has been addressed. The performance improvement given using a 4090 with DLSS3 is significant. When I tried using the TDS with DLSS3/GPU scheduling enabled, the frame rates were generally fine, but that really wasn't the issue. It's the micro-jittering and studders that get too annoying. This goes away when turning off GPU scheduling and with it DLSS3. But then I'm back to slow frames again wondering why I paid so much to upgrade to a 4090.

A fresh new PMS50 750 is sitting in its place until improvements are made with the TDS. So let me know how your tests go. If you are finding it is flying smooth now with the C310R, I may give it another shot too.

Other than the GPU scheduling problem, there isn't much I don't like about the TDS. However, it would be nice if it better imported flight plans from MSFS and elsewhere, cross-synced flight plans with other nav units, at least with another TDS750 or 650, and of course a database update would also be nice from time to time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Performance Conflict HW Acc GPU Scheduling - by Truespirit - 03-20-2023, 02:09 AM