The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot issues when using TDS GTNXi
Hi,

when using the TDS GTNXi, I observe the following problematic behaviour of the autopilot throughout a range of compatible aircraft (Black square King Air, Baron, Bonanza, Flysimware C414, Milviz C310):

- Arming NAV and APPR mode is not possible, even when one is more than two dots away from the radial/localizer. The NAV mode immediately activazes when pressed and this can lead to some strange intercepts. According to the manuals of the respective autopilots, this is not how it is supposed to work. NAV or APPR should arm and should activate only when within 1.5 dots.
- Only observed in the King Air so far: The airplane drifts away from the glideslope in some cases, sometimes by more than one dot, although APR CPLD and GS are illuminated on the annunciator panel. I cannot imagine that this is realistic.
- I find that ALT HOLD can lead to some oscillations around the target altitude but this might be subjective.

Interestingly, I observe the same behaviour when using the stock Asobo KAP140 autopilot. However, it goes away when using the PMS50+WTT mod or the WTT GNS530W as primary GPS: arming modes is suddenly possible and tracking of the G/P is rock-solid. You can best test this when using the Black square aircraft with hot-swappable avionics where you can compare the autopilot basically side-to-side in the same situation. This is, what leads me to believe, that the TDS uses parts of the Asobo autopilot code which carries over some of the bugs. Is there a way to fix that in a future update?

Messages In This Thread
Autopilot issues when using TDS GTNXi - by NiklasL - 03-30-2023, 10:13 PM