This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing
I noticed that after a little use, my map works OK but everything else is frozen, eg the back, msg, menu and zoom buttons refuse to work. Any help greatly appreciated.

John
I don't think you will get a reply from the developer he hasn't been on this site since 24th September.
Sounds like it is abandonware.
(11-20-2021, 07:21 AM)johnbla Wrote: Sounds like it is abandonware.

I don't know if this is abandware or not, but it seems like very little activity has taken place in a long long time.

My question is MSFS seems to be getting closer to making the G1000Nxi as part of their standard equipment and at the moment, this is incompatible with the TDS GTN750.  Will the developer update the program to work with G1000Nxi once it becomes standard equipment.

In contrast, the PMS50 software does not specify if it will become compatible in the future with G1000Nxi, but I do see a lot of upgrades in the system over time.  The TDS software seems superior in areas such as VNAV which is wonderful to have, but would love to know if it has been abandoned or not.  If it has, I may just eat my losses and purchase the PMS50 software and hope for the best.
I tried PMS basic version and is simply not worth it, because it uses the default flawed MSFS Asobo flight plan system. You will have severe limitations due to that simple fact and will have to deal with those user waypoints and lots of big errors, at least I don’t have patience for that crap.
TDS as long as it keeps working will always be superior as is not a simulation but basically the real unit software running, so you are pretty much guaranteed that what the real unit does, so will TDS. Of course we have limitations, due to the interface with MSFS has not been further updated, but I can live with those limitations.
What I do when I want to fly with GTN, I use the PA-44 with the great add-on VC integration mod. Other than that, I use G1000 Nxi which actually is becoming pretty good by itself. I never really liked to use the GTN over the G1000 anyway, it looks and feels awful…
(12-14-2021, 09:54 PM)ccapilot Wrote: I tried PMS basic version and is simply not worth it, because it uses the default flawed MSFS Asobo flight plan system. You will have severe limitations due to that simple fact and will have to deal with those user waypoints and lots of big errors, at least I don’t have patience for that crap.
TDS as long as it keeps working will always be superior as is not a simulation but basically the real unit software running, so you are pretty much guaranteed that what the real unit does, so will TDS. Of course we have limitations, due to the interface with MSFS has not been further updated, but I can live with those limitations.
What I do when I want to fly with GTN, I use the PA-44 with the great add-on VC integration mod. Other than that, I use G1000 Nxi which actually is becoming pretty good by itself. I never really liked to use the GTN over the G1000 anyway, it looks and feels awful…

Thank you CCAPilot.  I tend to agree with your assessment that the TDS is superior in functionality compared to the PMS software.  I did purchase the one year Premium package of the PMS, glad I did not get the lifetime update.  The 1 year premium added a smidgen more functionality, but not as good as the TDS.  I also agree the G1000Xni is definitely improving and will only get better.  I hope TDS will be able to adapt to it when the G1000Xni becomes the default in the near future.
Thanks for the reply...