TDS Sim Software Forums
TDS GTNXi Crashes - Printable Version

+- TDS Sim Software Forums (http://www.forum.tdssim.com)
+-- Forum: TDS Sim Software (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: TDS GTNXi Crashes (/thread-666.html)

TDS GTNXi Crashes - CalvinHeadley - 03-24-2023

Hello.

When I start My simulator (MSFS 2020) the TDS GTN splash screen presents itself on the start-up, but then the simulator has completed its start-up, and I load in a plane with the GTN 750 Garmin, the software doesn't show up.  It is just a blank screen.  If I start the TDS GTN from My start menu, and after is launches, it then appears in the simulator.

HOWEVER, 

Once the GTN is active for a few moments, it just stops running.  It doesn't stay active, it doesn't stay in the sys tray, in fact, it completely shuts down.  I hesitate to callit a "CTD" but that is what it seems to be doing.

I can close the simulator and launch the GTN and it does the same thing.  It will go through the licensing process and get to the main screen, and then after a few moments, it will once again, just stop.

I can run the trainer and it runs just fine.  

The versions I have are:

Garmin Flight Trainer:  Installed Version 3.6.0.0

GTN Xi v20.30

TXi V3.5

and the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim 1.0.2.4

Any thoughts on this?

RE: TDS GTNXi Crashes - adminOwner2 - 03-24-2023

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed information.

Which antivirus are you using?

As a test, please start the TDS GTNXi with MSFS closed and click on the GTN750Xi button, does the application CTD after leaving it on?

RE: TDS GTNXi Crashes - CalvinHeadley - 03-24-2023

(03-24-2023, 09:36 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the detailed information.

Which antivirus are you using?

As a test, please start the TDS GTNXi with MSFS closed and click on the GTN750Xi button, does the application CTD after leaving it on?

Yes, it does.  

I use Webroot Secure Anywhere as an antivirus.  I have permitted the TDS Garmin to work through the firewall, but I did have to go back and move it out quarentine.

RE: TDS GTNXi Crashes - adminOwner2 - 03-25-2023

It seems that webroot is the cause, we have had one more customer with this issue recently. Can you please re-run a test by adding exclusions for both:
TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe
gtn_simulator.exe

Additionally, can you please re-run a test with webroot completely disabled?

RE: TDS GTNXi Crashes - CalvinHeadley - 03-25-2023

(03-25-2023, 01:08 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: It seems that webroot is the cause, we have had one more customer with this issue recently. Can you please re-run a test by adding exclusions for both:
TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe
gtn_simulator.exe

Additionally, can you please re-run a test with webroot completely disabled?

Where do I locate the file " gtn_simulator.exe " ??

I cannot find it anywhere.

I completely disabled My webroot, and I still have the same issue with the software just shutting down.

RE: TDS GTNXi Crashes - adminOwner2 - 03-28-2023

Hello,

Can you please contact us via email at: support@tdssim.com