TDS Sim Software Forums
Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Printable Version

+- TDS Sim Software Forums (http://www.forum.tdssim.com)
+-- Forum: TDS Sim Software (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit (/thread-528.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Gunslinger9155 - 11-27-2022

I have successfully installed the TDS GNS750xi on my Cessna 310R.  Works great love it.  However, neither the autopilot nor ADF systems appear lit.  As a consequence i cannot see what altitudes, etc i have entered into the autopilot.  Looks like a display issue, because i am able to manipulate the autopilot, I just can't see what I've entered.

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Jetliner - 11-27-2022

Same for me. Looks like engine management gauges on the lower left might be fritzed too? Using the G5 has blank screens as well as blank avionics in the Carenado PC12. Stock planes like the G1000 King Air screens quit after a few mins too. Prolly gonna have to ditch this mod eventho its easily one of my favorites after just a single day of ownership. It just broke everything and IDK how to fix it.

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - adminOwner2 - 11-27-2022

Hello,

Please make sure that you have the avionics bus set to on. Do you have a Honeycomb yoke? We have experienced this issue where the Avionics Bus switch was assigned to a hardware button which was set to off.

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Gunslinger9155 - 11-27-2022

I do have a Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo.  I have disabled all avionics from my keybindings.  

When you refer to an avionics bus, are you speaking about the "avionics master" on the left hand switch cluster?  If not then could you please tell me where the avionics bus is?

Thanks,

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Jetliner - 11-27-2022

I too have the Honeycomb, no key presses were reassigned between the time I installed the TDS this was only an issue after having the WTT 430, PMS50, and TDS installed all at once. I removed the WTT 430, and the PMS50 due to not being able to press icons on the touch screen and now the avionics are totally blank after that. I decided to reinstall all of flight sim and will install only TDS avionics to see if it solves any issues.

EDIT: As much as I always hate seeing this solution - I reinstalled the whole sim and added just the TDS 750 and everything works properly in the 310 and other aircraft. I did need to disable the WTT 430 that is now "offical" after SU11. Otherwise everything operates normally (if not better, first ever full reinstall since release)

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - adminOwner2 - 11-28-2022

(11-27-2022, 10:19 PM)Jetliner Wrote: I too have the Honeycomb, no key presses were reassigned between  the time I installed the TDS this was only an issue after having the WTT 430, PMS50, and TDS installed all at once.  I removed the WTT 430, and the PMS50 due to not being able to press icons on the touch screen and now the avionics are totally blank after that.  I decided to reinstall all of flight sim and will install only TDS avionics to see if it solves any issues.

EDIT:  As much as I always hate seeing this solution - I reinstalled the whole sim and added just the TDS 750 and everything works properly in the 310 and other aircraft.  I did need to disable the WTT 430 that is now "offical" after SU11.  Otherwise everything operates normally (if not better, first ever full reinstall since release)

Hello,

It is good that you got it working, but please note that the WT GNS is not default in SU11, but it is Early Release, specifically designed this way in order to catch bugs and incompatibilities so they can be fixed.

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - adminOwner2 - 11-28-2022

(11-27-2022, 09:10 PM)Gunslinger9155 Wrote: I do have a Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo.  I have disabled all avionics from my keybindings.  

When you refer to an avionics bus, are you speaking about the "avionics master" on the left hand switch cluster?  If not then could you please tell me where the avionics bus is?

Thanks,

Hello,

Please make sure that you have all switches set to on and then try again. We are not sure of the Honeycomb specifics, so it may be best to check the MSFS Control settings

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Gunslinger9155 - 11-29-2022

I tried again and cycled all the Honeycomb switches on and off.  No response.  I too am having the issue with the G5s being blanked.

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - Gunslinger9155 - 11-29-2022

Good news!  I re-installed the Blackbird Simulations Cessna 310R, and voila, problem solved!

Not so good news...in my glee, I started setting up a flight plan on the ramp and while clicking around the airport information screen, both displays froze.  Turned the avionics master off/on, no change still frozen where i left them.  Using the tablet, chose different avionics and then back to 750, no change.  

Restarted aircraft at same airfield.  Autopilot and G5s are ok, but GTNs are both blank!

Restarted from main menu, same, both blank.  It's like the GTN just went away.

Exited the sim and then re-entered.  GTNs are back and Autopilot is ok.  I completed a 40 minute flight.  Auto pilot tracked perfectly, loaded an approach and followed fine.  VNAV enabled but did not track, might be user error here.  Hand landed and input a new flight plan and got airborne again.  Shortly after take-off both GTN 750s froze.  I was able to get the ASOBO 530 GPS units to work but the autopilot would not track.

Frustrated.  One step forward one step back.

RE: Cessna 310R Bendix King Autopilot not lit - adminOwner2 - 11-29-2022

(11-29-2022, 08:13 AM)Gunslinger9155 Wrote: Good news!  I re-installed the Blackbird Simulations Cessna 310R, and voila, problem solved!

Not so good news...in my glee, I started setting up a flight plan on the ramp and while clicking around the airport information screen, both displays froze.  Turned the avionics master off/on, no change still frozen where i left them.  Using the tablet, chose different avionics and then back to 750, no change.  

Restarted aircraft at same airfield.  Autopilot and G5s are ok, but GTNs are both blank!

Restarted from main menu, same, both blank.  It's like the GTN just went away.

Exited the sim and then re-entered.  GTNs are back and Autopilot is ok.  I completed a 40 minute flight.  Auto pilot tracked perfectly, loaded an approach and followed fine.  VNAV enabled but did not track, might be user error here.  Hand landed and input a new flight plan and got airborne again.  Shortly after take-off both GTN 750s froze.  I was able to get the ASOBO 530 GPS units to work but the autopilot would not track.

Frustrated.  One step forward one step back.

Hello,

Can you confirm that the avionics power is set to ON?

Let's make sure that you do not have any conflicting add-ons. Please make sure that, temporarily, you have removed both the PMS 750 and the WT 530. After confirming this, please let us know if the TDS GTNXi will ever freeze and if it does, we will have to get in touch for some step by step instructions on confirming the nature of the freeze.

Not to worry, we will get this problem solved, we always do.