TDS Sim Software Forums
Screens frozen during flight - Printable Version

+- TDS Sim Software Forums (http://www.forum.tdssim.com)
+-- Forum: TDS Sim Software (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Screens frozen during flight (/thread-520.html)

Screens frozen during flight - CaptainOver - 11-21-2022

Doing a long flight last night, switching in and out of external views to admire the scenery and I eventually noticed that the GTNXi had stopped updating (both devices on the 310) and I had far overshot my turn.  I could hear sounds when I clicked the knob/menu button, but the touchscreens didn't respond - and even stayed lit when I toggled the avionics master in desperation.  Sounds like it maybe lost its connection to the back-end?
Are there any logs/debug info I can grab or view if this happens again?

RE: Screens frozen during flight - adminOwner2 - 11-21-2022

Hello,

This does indeed sound like a weird issue and we have to investigate it.
Can you please let us know of the TDS GTNXi version as well as the GTNXi PC Trainer component version (starting with 20)?

RE: Screens frozen during flight - CaptainOver - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 09:34 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

This does indeed sound like a weird issue and we have to investigate it.
Can you please let us know of the TDS GTNXi version as well as the GTNXi PC Trainer component version (starting with 20)?

I downloaded on Saturday, so should be the latest.  I'm on FS version 1.29.29.0 in case the beta is causing a problem.  I also looked in the documents folder for logs, but only see the "TDSGPSManager.txt" log, nothing else.  And I did notice that I can exit/relaunch the TDS app, and have it reconnect to FS, so maybe next time I will do that as a last resort.
Trainer: 20.20
TDS version: 1.0.2.0

RE: Screens frozen during flight - adminOwner2 - 11-21-2022

For the trainer, what is the exact version ending? 20.20.10 or 20.20.13?

In regards to the logs, more logs are generated in My Documents, such as :
TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt and TDSGTNXi650Unit1Log.txt

Are you running FRAPS or any other/similar screen capturing devices? What about ASUS OSD?

RE: Screens frozen during flight - CaptainOver - 11-21-2022

(11-21-2022, 10:38 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: For the trainer, what is the exact version ending? 20.20.10 or 20.20.13?

In regards to the logs, more logs are generated in My Documents, such as :
TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt and TDSGTNXi650Unit1Log.txt

Are you running FRAPS or any other/similar screen capturing devices? What about ASUS OSD?

Installed trainer version is 20.20.10.0 - with 20.20.13.0 update available.  I can update, however I figured the installer might have a specific version requirement.

I don't see any additional logs in either my "c:\Users\xxxx\Documents" or the onedrive version "c:\Users\xxxx\OneDrive\Documents" other than the "TDSGPSManager.txt" file.

No other overlays or capture device running.

RE: Screens frozen during flight - adminOwner2 - 11-22-2022

Please let us know if this problem repeats itself. Sure, you can always update to the latest 20.20.13 update.

It is very odd that no log files are available.