TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: SWS RV14 and GTNxi 750
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have been using the Rv14 with the GTNxi 750 with the VC.  It's a wonderful instructional tool.  Is there a way to display the GTNxi 650 instead of the GTNxi 750, or to perhaps display them both on the panel?
I ask the question because I have a 650 in a real airplane that I fly.  I use MSFS as an instructional tool for just about all aspects of flying and then apply that knowledge to the real world in my airplane.  I just want to use and learn all the functions of the 650.
If not, can anyone tell me what aircraft allows the user to display the GTNxi650 on the panel?

Thank you
Hello,

The integrations of specific TDS GTNXi units (as in 750, 650 or a combination) is done by the add-on aircraft manufacturer, we only provide an SDK and they take the decision based on the panel real estate and the aircraft that they want to develop. Unfortunately we have no way ourselves on modifying these gauges, so this question must be addressed to the specific add-on aircraft developer.

We hope that you will enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
(02-03-2024, 11:38 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

The integrations of specific TDS GTNXi units (as in 750, 650 or a combination) is done by the add-on aircraft manufacturer, we only provide an SDK and they take the decision based on the panel real estate and the aircraft that they want to develop. Unfortunately we have no way ourselves on modifying these gauges, so this question must be addressed to the specific add-on aircraft developer.

We hope that you will enjoy the TDS GTNXi!

Thank you for the reply, and thank you for the GTNxi!
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Can't seem to get the TDS GTN750 to display in the VC of the RV14. The website says "Requires the selection of the TDS GTNXi during the installation of the aircraft (from within the installer)". I purchased the RV14 in the MSFS store and didn't see any options.  I downloaded the free extras avionics mod.  I tried a couple folders in the community folder, still no luck.  Not sure what to do.  Thanks.
Hello,

Where have you purchased the SWS RV-14 from? Depending on the purchase store, the activation of the TDS GTNXi is different.
Inside MSFS, was that the wrong way?
No, that is not a wrong way, it is just that it requires manual installation of a Community folder so you can have support for the TDS GTNXi.

Please go to the SWS RV-14 website, navigate to the FREE EXTRAS tab, then download and unzip this archive:
RV-14 Avionics Mods - Direct Download(0.14MB)

Asa a test, from it, copy only this folder to the MSFS Community folder:
20220804_SWS_RV14_GTN_Mods\With ESI500\sws-aircraft-vansrv14-tdsgtnxi

Please make sure to remove all other mods that you may have installed previously.

After this, please let us know how it works.