TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Glideslope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying out RNAV approaches in MSFS2020 with the GTN650 and I am not able to find any glideslope indication.  I am flying the Carenado M20R.

Are there any aircraft available with Garmin G5?  Or are there alternate ways of getting a glideslope indication to work for this type of approach?

Thank you,

Darren
Hello Darren,

Which navigation source do you have enabled? You must make sure that the active navigation source is thee TDS GTNXi, then the glidepath (not glide slope) will display.
(01-15-2024, 10:49 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Darren,

Which navigation source do you have enabled? You must make sure that the active navigation source is thee TDS GTNXi, then the glidepath (not glide slope) will display.

The navigation source is the GTN650, and I'm trying to fly an RNAV-LPV approach in MSFS2020 using the Carenado Mooney Ovation.  Typically I would look to the G5 for vertical guidance, but there doesn't seem to a anything similar with the simulated GTN650 in MSFS2020.

I'm new to the GTN650 and MSFS2020, maybe there are other features in the GTN650 that I'm just not seeing for the vertical guidance on an RNAV-LPV approach?  I'm not sure the difference between a glidepath and glide slope in this scenario.

Thank you for any additional thoughts/suggestions!

Darren
Hello Darren,

We strongly recommend reading the user's guide of the TDS GTNXi as well as the real GTN Xi manual form inside the Aviation Trainer Launcher so you can get familiarized with the TDS GTNXi.

To answer your question, we describe in the TDS GTNXi user's guide how to change the navigation source so the GTN650Xi is in control, which will enable RNAV LPV approaches, they do work on the 650.