TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: compatibility integration JMB VL3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
gday guys I recently picked up the TDS GTN 750/650 Combo and boy does it look good.

I have only had a quick look at it as a stand alone unit and I haven't had a chance to get stuck Into it fully.

Has anyone integrated this into the JMB VL3 and or the JMB VL3 with the 915 mod that has the Working Titles g3x unit?

It would be nice if this can be integrated into the vc panel rather than stand alone
any and all advice welcome .

Kevin
Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the nice words. At this time, the TDS GTNXi is not compatible with the JMB VL3, as the VC integration must be performed by the aircraft add-on developer. We offer a full SDK with a 3d model/textures, so if the aircraft add-on developer wants to integrated the TDS GTNXi, they can do this very easily. We suggest contacting JMB about this and if they are interested, please let us know.

Thank you.
thank you for your quick reply. I have tried to contact the developer however, I think they are not supporting this add on plane anymore and do not answer emails.. its the JMB VL3 915 mod that you can download for Free from flightsim website. The plane is FREEWARE it is not the original on3 by ASOBO. Is it possible, with the right files for me to upgrade it myself ? is it just modifying the panel.cfg file. ?
Unfortunately it is not as simple as a panel.cfg file modification, but to add the 3d bezel as well, so the source code of the model is needed.
thanks again for your reply. what I am trying to do is have it available to drag into my second screen of my sim cockpit.

I don't actually use or look at the VC cockpit so visually it doesn't matter re blending it in to the VC cockpit.

It would be handy to have the 750 and/Or the 650 come up as a window on the screen when the plane loads up.
I would then use MSFS POP up panel manager to move it and resize it to fit my second screen
I know I can use the stand alone TDS but I would really like it to appear on the second screen and switch on when I power up the plane from cold and dark not
Hello,

At the moment when in standalone mode, the GTNXi will always be on, it will not be tied to an electrical circuit. This is done on purpose so customers can use/test the GTNXi with MSFS closed.

If you are looking for something else, then as we have suggested above, contacting the aircraft add-on developer and asking them for a TDS GTNXi integration, which we are willing to assist.

Best regards.
thanks again for your reply. I will try again to contact the developer.

on another note. when using the stand alone TDS GTN650 . I open the 650 I drag it to the 2nd screen. . I unclick aspect ratio. I click the top right corner to expand it to full screen then I click on hide task bar. . it looks great. .

when I close the main page, and shut down TDS and then re open it. the screen settings have not saved. I have to go through the same process again. it has stayed on the second screen but its hadn't saved full screen size mode
Hello,

Thank you for the bug report, we will look into it.
thank you . it has the same problem with the GTN750