TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Pop-Out G650 using Carenado Mooney Ovation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the GTN 750 integrated into the MSFS Carenado Mooney Ovation, which is the only supported dash view (no GTN 650 in the cockpit view).

Is there a way of using the GTN 650 in a "pop-out" window?  I am able to get the 750 in a separate window (right alt-click on the dash), but if I pre-load the 650 before loading MSFS, it just disappears as soon as the Ovation loads.  It works for other airplanes that don't have any TDS GTNXi integration (C152 for instance), but I'd like to learn the GTN 650 with the Carenado Mooney Ovation.

Thank you for any assistance.  Darren
Hello,

As it is now, the Carenado M20R Ovation only supports a 750, there is no 650 option. Integration of the 650 is done by the aircraft add-on developer, not by us. It depends on multiple factors, such as panel space, complexity, design decisions, etc. Because of this, such requests must be made to the aircraft add-on developer.
(06-19-2023, 08:45 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

As it is now, the Carenado M20R Ovation only supports a 750, there is no 650 option. Integration of the 650 is done by the aircraft add-on developer, not by us. It depends on multiple factors, such as panel space, complexity, design decisions, etc. Because of this, such requests must be made to the aircraft add-on developer.

Thank you for the response.  I can run the 650 in a side window in non-supported airplanes (such as the Cessna 152).  Is this not possible (running the 650 in a side window) because of the integration of the 750 into the Carenado Mooney Ovation?  I'm not wanting it in the cockpit, but on a side window/monitor.  Thanks, Darren
Hello Darren,

Perhaps if you enable the work in progress standalone mode, as described in our release notes (sticky post in the forum) will be what you want.
That is perfect.  Works like a charm.  Thank you, Darren
Excellent, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
I used to the the 750/650 pair with the Mooney in standalone mode on an external touch screen before the TDS had gauge mode. That worked fine. In fact, it worked better in the sense that there was increased responsiveness to the GTNXi and I could use multi-touch to zoom in and out - something that isn't supported in gauge mode due to touch / multi-touch not being natively supported in the sim.
(06-20-2023, 09:50 PM)Crunchmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I used to the the 750/650 pair with the Mooney in standalone mode on an external touch screen before the TDS had gauge mode. That worked fine. In fact, it worked better in the sense that there was increased responsiveness to the GTNXi and I could use multi-touch to zoom in and out - something that isn't supported in gauge mode due to touch / multi-touch not being natively supported in the sim.

Thanks for the insight.  I'm just trying to learn the 650/750 and I agree it's better as a stand-alone on a separate screen.  The gauge mode is "cool" but it wasn't convenient for learning the system.  Darren