TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: TAWS And GPWS failure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello, ever since i purchased the TDS addon, ive never been able to get the TAWS or GPWS to work. it always fails on start up. ive uninstalled garmin trainer and TDS multiple times and tried deleting navigator XI files but nothing seems to work. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hello,

When initially installing the Aviation Trainer Launcher, have you installed the databases in a non-standard location?
(05-15-2023, 08:32 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

When initially installing the Aviation Trainer Launcher, have you installed the databases in a non-standard location?

Hello, what is classed as a non standard location. I don’t change the file destination, I keep it to what the installer says. I’m not at my PC at the minute but something tells me the database is either in program files or programdata 
Thanks
Hello,

The default installation path:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases

And terrain database file name is: terrain.tdb

Please confirm the location of the file and the file size (in bytes). Thank you.
(05-16-2023, 09:44 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

The default installation path:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases

And terrain database file name is: terrain.tdb

Please confirm the location of the file and the file size (in bytes). Thank you.

Hello, sorry for the late reply! I can confirm the terrain.tdb is in the directory above, and is 1,088,738Kb in size 
Thanks
Hello,

Thank you. If you go to this folder:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Navigator_XI_1\winfs_mount\emmc0\db\active

Do you see a trn.dat shortcut? If so, is it pointing to the right location?

Additionally, if you start the standalone GTNXi PC Trainer (the base Aviation Trainer Launcher) and launch the GTNXi V20.20.13 or V20.30.8, do you get TAWS error messages?
(05-18-2023, 10:57 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thank you. If you go to this folder:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Navigator_XI_1\winfs_mount\emmc0\db\active

Do you see a trn.dat shortcut? If so, is it pointing to the right location?

Additionally, if you start the standalone GTNXi PC Trainer (the base Aviation Trainer Launcher) and launch the GTNXi V20.20.13 or V20.30.8, do you get TAWS error messages?

Sorry for the late response, ive recently had a bereavement. 

i do see a trn.dat and the shortcut takes me to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases and the destination file is terrain.tdb and is described as 'TOPCAT database file'.

in garmin aviation trainer i dont get a TAWS failure but in TDS GTNxi i do get a failure. 

thanks and sorry again

james
Hello James,

We are sorry.

What do you mean by a "TOPCAT database file"? with the TDS GTNXi closed and MSFS, please delete the entire "Navigator_XI_1" folder, located here:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\

Then with MSFS closed, please start only the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut and click on the GTN750Xi button, does this fix the problem?

Best regards.
(06-28-2023, 10:22 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello James,

We are sorry.

What do you mean by a "TOPCAT database file"? with the TDS GTNXi closed and MSFS, please delete the entire "Navigator_XI_1" folder, located here:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\

Then with MSFS closed, please start only the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut and click on the GTN750Xi button, does this fix the problem?

Best regards.
Hello, 

Thank you.

I’ll try that later. 

I changed the settings from TAWS A to TAWS B and on startup I get only a TAWS pass and no GPWS. 

Thanks 

James
this does not fixed the problem. deleted that file and still failed on TAWS A
Pages: 1 2