TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: How to integrate TDS GTNxi with Custom Hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, 

I have a hardware for GTN 750 and GTN 650 and i'd like to use with Carenado PC-12, but when i load aircraft, it loads with Gauge mode.

Is it possible to load aircraft with Gauge and Window mode ?

Another question is how to configure all buttons and knobs ?

[Image: msfs_gtn.jpeg]

[Image: gtn_hardware.jpeg]
I don't think so.. but it would be nice... I have Black Square Cessna 208 with integrated GTN 750.. I had to disable it in the panel config so I could use the 750 on my touch screen monitor... or have it to be able to pop out would be great...
Hello,

You can have either standalone or VC integrated, not both at the same time.
If you want to run standalone, you can remove the tds-gtnxi-gauge folder from the MSFS Community folder.

In regards to controlling keys/knobs, yes, this is possible, please refer to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCmUVyMQ4Y
Well, I watched the Video and was able to map my Hardware Buttons and Encoders in a Way so that all Hardware Functions of the GTNxi can be controlled with my Hardware. BUT: That only works as long as I use the virtual Cockpit Version of the GTNXi, and that means that I couldn't use a Touchscreen because Touch still doesn't work for pop-up Panels in MSFS. On the other Hand, when I use the Standalone Version of the GTNXi I can put it on an external Touchscreen, but then I can't used my Hardware that controls internal Events and Variables of MSFS. So I can't see a way to use both: Real Touch Interaction and external Hardware.
(04-02-2023, 04:27 PM)theflyguy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I watched the Video and was able to map my Hardware Buttons and Encoders in a Way so that all Hardware Functions of the GTNxi can be controlled with my Hardware. BUT: That only works as long as I use the virtual Cockpit Version of the GTNXi, and that means that I couldn't use a Touchscreen because Touch still doesn't work for pop-up Panels in MSFS. On the other Hand, when I use the Standalone Version of the GTNXi I can put it on an external Touchscreen, but then I can't used my Hardware that controls internal Events and Variables of MSFS. So I can't see a way to use both: Real Touch Interaction and external Hardware.

Hello, can you please direct this question in our #community-support section of our Discord, where there are a few other customers running the same setup.
What you are trying to do should work without a problem with standalone mode!

Link to our Discord:
https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH