TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: GTNxi not powering on after simulator start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just installed the TDS GTNxi. I fully installed the Garmin Trainer that comes with it and confirmed that the trainer works by itself. 

I start the TDS GTNXi Flight simulator product. I selected the 750xi in the Avionics screen. A powered down GTN750xi screen comes up. When I start MSFS 2020 and start an aircraft, the TDS GTNXi Flight simulator UI shows that the "Flight Simulator is connected". However, the GTN750xi screen does nothing. I have an aircraft running with avionics turned on. The aircraft I am running is a C182 with dual GTN1000's.

How do I get the GTN750xi screen to power on?
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.

The first step in troubleshooting the error is to confirm that the TDS GTNXi works well as a standalone. With MSFS closed, please start the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim from the desktop shortcut, then click on the GTN750Xi button. Does the 750 light up and work well? Based on your response we will see how to approach this problem.

Additionally, are you running FRAPS as well?

Thank you.
When I start the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim and click on the GTN750xi, a TDS GTN750xi opens, but is in powered-off mode-- it just shows the outer rim of the GTN750xi and the center screen is black. This is the same thing that I saw with MSFS running.

I do not have FRAPS.
Hello,

Thank you for the information, for now let's keep on testing in standalone mode with MSFS closed until the problem is resolved.
Can you please email us these log files from My Documents:
TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt
TDSGTNXi750Unit1Log.txt (if it exists)

support@tdssim.com

We will continue the discussion via email. Not to worry, we will do our best to get the problem solved!
I'm having the same problem. As a standalone, the GTN750Xi starts blank, as if it is turned off. What should I do?
(09-08-2022, 10:47 PM)rbotter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem. As a standalone, the GTN750Xi starts blank, as if it is turned off. What should I do?

If you want to enable the 750xi in the VC, you need to click on a hidden menu in the map folder in the lower right of the cockpit and then click on the item to enable the 750xi.

If, like me, you don't want the 750xi in the VC, but just want it on another screen, then you need to remove the gauge from the MSFS community folder. This will allow the 750xi to start up separately from MSFS.
(09-08-2022, 10:47 PM)rbotter Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem. As a standalone, the GTN750Xi starts blank, as if it is turned off. What should I do?

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.

Are you running FRAPS?
On the main TDS GTNXi Flight Sim EXE interface, do you receive any error message?
If both answers are no, we will need to analyze the log file. With the TDS GTNXi closed, please send us the log file from My Documents called: TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt
Email address: support@tdssim.com

Not to worry, we will get this problem solved, we always do.
(09-09-2022, 08:37 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Hello,

Are you running FRAPS?
On the main TDS GTNXi Flight Sim EXE interface, do you receive any error message?
If both answers are no, we will need to analyze the log file. With the TDS GTNXi closed, please send us the log file from My Documents called: TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt
Email address: support@tdssim.com

Not to worry, we will get this problem solved, we always do.

Just sent the e-mail with the file attached. Thanks.
We have found the cause to be the antivirus and we have a permanent solution for it.
(09-10-2022, 01:07 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: [ -> ]We have found the cause to be the antivirus and we have a permanent solution for it.

Hi TDS team,

Could you please explain what the solution is exactly. My GTNxi also refuses to start, within the sim but also standalone. Regarding your quoted remark, In Windows 11 virus and security settings I have excluded all MSFS and TDS related folders.

Cheers,
Bert
Pages: 1 2