TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Navi graph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked use Flight Simulator Navigation but the database version that is shown in the 750 is old, maybe what came with it.  Is the 750 using the NAV database in MSFS when I pick use Flight Simulator Navigation.
Hello,

At the moment we do not use Navigraph, as we have our own database that is the exact one used in real life. While we can’t promise anything for the future, we have seen that database updates are released once every 6-12 months. As soon as they are released, we will update our software accordingly.
(07-06-2022, 08:21 AM)dsalman Wrote: [ -> ]I picked use Flight Simulator Navigation but the database version that is shown in the 750 is old, maybe what came with it.  Is the 750 using the NAV database in MSFS when I pick use Flight Simulator Navigation.

The TDS doesn't use the sim database. At all. It uses its own integrated database based on the same Jeppessen charts used in Navigraph. THey're the same data that's used in the real unit, since it's essentially running the same software as the real unit via the trainer.

Unfortunately, there's no simple way to easily update the database in the TDS sim. If you fly for real and have a real Garmin data subscription, there's a way to hack in the new updates into the GTNXi. But otherwise, you're stuck using the old data. And like the admin said, Gamin update the trainer about twice a year and update the nav data, although it's still basically outdated.

That said, there shouldn't be major changes between the Navigraph charts and what's in the TDS GTNXi. Yes, there will be some differences, but they're pretty minor for the most part. I've been using the TDS along with Navigraph for the past 8 months now, and I've yet to encounter any game breaking issues.
Still - charts integration outside the US is missing, and Navigraph integration will solve that.
I think it's worth considering, even if you will not use it for navdata.