TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Automatically start GTN750 in separate window on MSFS start?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a dedicated screen for the GTN750 and when I start MSFS I would like it to start automatically rather than having to run the TDS GTNXi app and then choosing the GTN750 from the avionics screen. I have added TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe to the <Launch.Addon> section of MSFS's exe.xml file, however this does not start the GTN750 - that still requires a separate click.
Any ideas? Is this possible?

Many thanks, 
Andrew
Hello Andrew,

Is this with an add-on that has a VC integration? If you start the standalone TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, then show the GTN750Xi window and after that close the program from the main interface (without closing the specific GTN750Xi window), then the setting is saved and it should keep it on the next startup. Please let us know how it goes.
I have mine start up with the add-ons linker but is a bit hit and miss...

Sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't, trouble is if it does the 750 on my RSG unit works fine, if it doesn't and I have to start it manually it won't work at all..

Dave
Thanks for the replies. Yes it does remember the position which is good, but I was hoping to save a step by having the GTN open automatically whenever MSFS is started. I'm not using it as a virtual cockpit addition, just a standalone app.
Yes, this is certainly possible by modifying an entry inside the exe.xml file:

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>TDS Sim Software GTNXi Gauge Integration</Name>
<Path>C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe</Path>
<CommandLine>-FSIntegration</CommandLine>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>

The location of the exe.xml file of MSFS is usually located here for MSFS Store version:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

where %username% is your username.
(07-19-2022, 12:16 AM)nzandrew Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies. Yes it does remember the position which is good, but I was hoping to save a step by having the GTN open automatically whenever MSFS is started. I'm not using it as a virtual cockpit addition, just a standalone app.

Mine does not remember the window position at all and I have to manually put the mouse on the white bar to maximize it every single flight...very annoying...

Even maximised I cannot get rid of the white bar at the top.

Dave
Dave,

Can you please show us an image with a white bar on the top?