TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Black screens in MSFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good morning, I have the TDS GTNXi software running perfectly fine in standalone mode (i.e. MSFS is not running), but
in the Sim neither the Milviz C310R nor the Just Flight PA28 TDS options work - I just have black screens.

Any help would be really appreciated

Many thanks

Best regards
Martin Brannigan
Hello Martin,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXI, we are here to help.

The first item to check is the presence of our WASM file which should be located in the MSFS Community folder:
Community\tds-gtnxi-gauge\Gauge

Upon initial load, it takes MSFS about 3 minutes to compile the WASM gauge to a usable format. Then you can easily use it subsequently. Did you wait for at least 3 minutes?

Not to worry, we will get the problem solved.
(05-25-2022, 08:13 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Martin,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXI, we are here to help.

The first item to check is the presence of our WASM file which should be located in the MSFS Community folder:
Community\tds-gtnxi-gauge\Gauge

Upon initial load, it takes MSFS about 3 minutes to compile the WASM gauge to a usable format. Then you can easily use it subsequently. Did you wait for at least 3 minutes?

Not to worry, we will get the problem solved.

Here is a screenshot of the WASM file located in my Community folder - and, yes, I waited for more than the required three minutes.

In fact I had enough time to put the kettle on, make a cup tea, and open a new packet of Ginger Nut biscuits.

This is going to be so great if I can get this plug-in to work

Thanks again in advance
Hello Martin,

This is good, with MSFS loaded and the desired aircraft selected and in flight (with the black GTNXi screen), can you please start the desktop shortcut for the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim. Does the interface change and say that the TDS GTNXi is in Gauge Mode?
Good morning to you,

With MSFS loaded and the Just Flight PA-28 selected, I have started the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim and it does indeed show as being in "Gauge Mode",
as attached screenshot shows.
Thanks for trying to help

Best regards
Martin
Hello Martin,

This looks go so far. Just to confirm, you have battery power and avionics power as well?

Do you have multiple versions of MSFS installed now or you previous had? Such as MSFS bought from Windows Store/Steam.
Did you receive a question message box upon installation/first run of the TDS GTNXi asking for the desired version?

Based on the answers we will see how to approach the problem, as we may need to send you a test version with logging, again, not worry, this problem will get fixed.
Good evening,

I have only ever had one version of MSFS installed - which I purchased through the Microsoft Store.

>>> Did you receive a question message box upon installation/first run of the TDS GTNXi asking for the desired version? >>>

I think so

I have all the files in the >ProgramData folder and also have files in my MSFS Community folder

Best regards
Martin
Hello Martin,

If you have received the message box and selected the wrong simulator, then this could be a cause of the problem.
Let's reset the settings and then re-select the proper MSFS version upon startup.

With the TDS GTNXi closed, please go here:
C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE
and delete the ini file. Then restart the TDS GTNXi and select the proper version, hopefully it will work.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
Good afternoon,

Still no joy with this, I'm afraid. I have tried uninstalling, re-installing etc and I still can not get this
to work inside MSFS. It will run fine in standalone mode, though - just not in the sim
It is no problem, if you want to, we can work with you on a resolution, please email us at support@tdssim.com and we will take it from there. In the email please let us know if you have MSFS purchased from Windows Store or Steam.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2