TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Garmin Trainer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just spent 30 minutes trying to download the latest version of the TDS GTNXI. The reason? The Garmin Trainer. It's not as simple as we are told by the experts. Everything pertaining to their product is simple to the expert. They should try putting themselves in the position of a non-expert for a change!
Having opened the TDS GPS Manager, I clicked the button to download and install the Garmin trainer and selected v3.2.3.0. It took a couple of seconds to download. Being a suspicious sort, I checked the installation and sure enough it was bad. Tried again - same result, no go. I went to the Garmin website and downloaded it direct from there and it took a little over 8 minutes to download and install with a proper progress bar. I opened it and tested it and everything was fine.
Great! Now I can get on and open the TDS Manager and install the GTNXi, or so I thought! On opening the Manager I see that the PC Trainer is shown as 'Not Installed' and that I should install it first.
Why does it have to be so complicated? How many times do I have to install the Trainer? Angry

Update: Finally got it all installed and working(?) but the comment in my first paragraph stands!
Hello,

We are sorry about the inconveniences that you have experienced with the installation of the TDS GTNXi. We have worked very hard to make this product very simple to install and as anybody can see on this forum, as well as other public forums, we have very few support issues regarding this matter and whatever we have, we quickly respond and resolve.

We think that the issue that you experience is something local, but it is good that you got it solved. As always, if you have any questions, we are here.