TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: How update TDSGPSmanager?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The TDSGPS manager allows me to update the GTN gauge, but does not appear to update itself..
Bert,

It is pretty simple, you always download the latest one from the My Account section of the website!
(04-28-2022, 08:35 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Bert,

It is pretty simple, you always download the latest one from the My Account section of the website!

Pretty simple.. not exactly. On the web site, there is no mention of downloading the TDSGPS manager, only downloading the gauge via the manager..

Have a look!

Most apps recognize when there is an update, and offer to download and install it.

This app does just that for the gauge, but not for itself.. why not?
Bert,

Since the TDS GPS Manager is a standalone executable that gets downloaded by the customer and does not get installed somewhere, it is impossible to achieve this, as the file is not installed somewhere on the hard drive, it could be moved anywhere.
(04-29-2022, 06:56 PM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]Bert,

Since the TDS GPS Manager is a standalone executable that gets downloaded by the customer and does not get installed somewhere, it is impossible to achieve this, as the file is not installed somewhere on the hard drive, it could be moved anywhere.

Hmm, suggest you have a look at JoinFS and LittleNavMap.. they offer a new download whenever an update is available.

That gives you a new executable in a zip file.  Pretty simple... Smile
That's exactly what I was wondering when I read the change log. How to make an update for the manager itself???

It's not really apparent that you have to log into your account and then click on the big link button "Downlaod TDS GTNXi Flight Sim Using TDS GPS Manager".