TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: Autopilot/Altitude
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning all. Brand new user. I am using the GTNXi in the new Flysimware C414. When autopilot is on and I am attempting to increase my altitude, I am only able to increase it by only several hundred feet, maybe a thousand. Then it stops. I need to deactivate then reactivate the altitude button if I want to increase it more.

I have been searching and cant seem to find any other related topics about this. Has anyone else experienced this, or maybe I am just doing something wrong.

I also understand that the 414 is still in Beta, so maybe it's just not working at the moment.

Thanks for listening.  Big Grin
(04-09-2022, 03:17 PM)N420GE Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning all. Brand new user. I am using the GTNXi in the new Flysimware C414. When autopilot is on and I am attempting to increase my altitude, I am only able to increase it by only several hundred feet, maybe a thousand. Then it stops. I need to deactivate then reactivate the altitude button if I want to increase it more.

I have been searching and cant seem to find any other related topics about this. Has anyone else experienced this, or maybe I am just doing something wrong.

I also understand that the 414 is still in Beta, so maybe it's just not working at the moment.

I believe this is correct behavior for the G605 autopilot. Arm the alerter with the target altitude, turn off ALT, climb in VS / ALTS mode.
(04-09-2022, 08:45 PM)bpieke Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2022, 03:17 PM)N420GE Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning all. Brand new user. I am using the GTNXi in the new Flysimware C414. When autopilot is on and I am attempting to increase my altitude, I am only able to increase it by only several hundred feet, maybe a thousand. Then it stops. I need to deactivate then reactivate the altitude button if I want to increase it more.

I believe this is correct behavior for the G605 autopilot. Arm the alerter with the target altitude, turn off ALT, climb in VS / ALTS mode.

Okay... I went found a video on YT and yes that is how it works. Thanks for pointing that out.
(04-09-2022, 09:59 PM)N420GE Wrote: [ -> ]Okay... I went found a video on YT and yes that is how it works. Thanks for pointing that out.

Smile
Thank you Bert!