TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: switching to ILS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is the GPS supposed to automatically tune ILS frequency and swtich CDI to NAV radio ahead of reaching glideslope intercept point if approach is activated? Or should I be doing doiing this manually? 

Thank you,
Michael
Hello Michael,

Yes, that is correct behavior for the TDS GTNXi to auto switch from GPS to VLOC when flying an ILS approach. This is described in page 115 of the real GTNXi manual, "ILS CDI Capture"
Thank you. I asked because in a recent flight it did NOT switch to ILS. I got a message saying something along the lines of 'switch to ILS frequency' or 'switch OBS' or 'switch to approach something or other’ - I don't recall exactly. It was not clear if I was being informed of the switch taking place or instructed to perform one. But the system did NOT switch anything automatically (as I thought it should). It had ILS frequency on standby but did not switch to it. So figured I need to intervene. But when I clicked SWAP it did NOT swap. Instead, the ILS frequency went away and the previous active also populated in standby (replacing the ready to go ILS frequency). I now had same frequency in both, neither ILS. I fumbled around (in VR - with mouse; because I can’t use touch screen app side by side sim and popouts does not allow clicks with VR active; but I digress Wink  ) and quickly found ILS frequency again that JUST disappeared from the GPS -  as I was trying to swap into it. I tuned it once more (this time manually, on active; previous was supplied on standby by the flightplan), switched CDI to NAV, and was able to land (almost) normally using ILS.

Please let me know how I can help you isolate this bug. I can try and pause next time this happens and then take a screenshot (it's risky because I fly VR and the sim is often flaky comiing in and out of VR - it crashes; but I can try if a screenshot would be helpful to you)
For the ILS frequency problem: can you please try re-running the TDS GPS Manager and reinstall only the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim?