TDS Sim Software Forums

Full Version: ORIGIN AND DESTINATION ENTRY FOR FLIGHT PLANS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does the GTNXi always default to Waypoint or add a waypoint instead of starting at Origin first so I can enter the airport taking off from, then destination so I can add where I am flying to, THEN add waypoints? I never see Origin and destination entries only add waypoints, very frustrating. 

All I ever see, even when starting from a new flight plan is "Add Waypoint".  Also for some reason, I have ran into a number of airports in MSFS that are not in the GTNXi 750 database.  Any help appreciated.

Thank you 

Don
Hello Don,

Thank you for your questions and for reaching out, let's get them clarified. For this message, we will make reference to the real world GTNXi Pilot's Guide version 20.20 which is found in your installation, inside the Aviation Trainers, Resources tab!

The Pilot's Guide is the exact manual that is being used by real world pilots into the actual unit, it is not a pseudo-simulation or something fake. The same applies to the actual TDS GTNXi, whatever you see and use in terms of functionality is exactly what happens in real life, our unit is accurate in that regards to the actual GTNXi unit.

The flight planning in the TDS GTNXi is not an origin/destination input, as you have asked, this is not accurate and does not occur in real life. In the GTNXi, after about 1 minute of loading, the origin airport will auto populate as the first field. You can also add airport Departures and Arrivals/Approaches in the Procedures page.
The Origin/Destination may be available in other competitor products/default GPS systems, but based on real life data, this is not a feature of the GTNXi.

Regarding airports, you can always add your own User Waypoint using the Airport type, with a few digital taps on the screen, pleas refer to the manual for information on how to achieve this. The database that we provide is accurate to whatever a real pilot would see in the airplane, whatever may be missing are very small, private airports, hence the ability to add these yourself.

Good luck.
Thank you for your help and please disregard my previous reply below, finally, I was able to find the trainers, in the start menu under gamin, so now I see where all the information is, thank you for your help!!!

=======previous reply
Thank you for your help! Maybe I have installed something wrong,  because I have been trying to find them manual you indicated that is "real world GTNXi Pilot's Guide version 20.20 which is found in your installation, inside the Aviation Trainers, Resources tab!" and I am not having any luck.  Probably just operator error as was my 1st question. I have only found the 28 page manual and have been through it. I have looked through all of the file folders in the TDS program located in Programdata folder. Such as the one located in the folder here TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE.  I did find trainer setup programs so I probably need to run one of those if not more. I put a screenshot of them and attached it to this.  Thank you for your help.  Sorry for being so inept with this!
(03-22-2022, 02:20 AM)McCloud9 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your help and please disregard my previous reply below, finally, I was able to find the trainers, in the start menu under gamin, so now I see where all the information is, thank you for your help!!!

=======previous reply
Thank you for your help! Maybe I have installed something wrong,  because I have been trying to find them manual you indicated that is "real world GTNXi Pilot's Guide version 20.20 which is found in your installation, inside the Aviation Trainers, Resources tab!" and I am not having any luck.  Probably just operator error as was my 1st question. I have only found the 28 page manual and have been through it. I have looked through all of the file folders in the TDS program located in Programdata folder. Such as the one located in the folder here TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE.  I did find trainer setup programs so I probably need to run one of those if not more. I put a screenshot of them and attached it to this.  Thank you for your help.  Sorry for being so inept with this!

Update: Since finding this, I need to add, that I have tried running the garmin updater numerous times because it says there is an update available, but it just runs and runs never getting anywhere. I made sure I shut off my antivirus scanning software prior to running the updater. I have attached a screenshot.  Also I do not know if I need to install any of the other items in the list in the software.
Hello,

You should not have to update anything, version 3.3.1.0, as nothing new is being brought to the TDS GTNXi, you can disregard that update message. From within the interface that you just showed us, please go in the Resources tab, there you will find the GTNXi version 20.20 manual.
Additionally, no other components have to be installed for the TDS GTNXi to work.
Additionally, the Pilot's Guide can be obtained from here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?partNu...ab=manuals
(03-21-2022, 03:27 PM)McCloud9 Wrote: [ -> ]Why does the GTNXi always default to Waypoint or add a waypoint instead of starting at Origin first so I can enter the airport taking off from, then destination so I can add where I am flying to, THEN add waypoints?

Don

You already got a reply earlier, but let me just add the following.... This GTN operates like the real unit.
Try selecting (clicking on) an airport on the map, and push the Direct-to button.  Activate and you have a flightplan from your current position to your destination.  Then add an intermediate waypoint by clicking on the map and dragging (rubberbanding) the magenta flight plan line..  Pretty soon, your "old way" of doing things will be forgotten Smile

Bert